Notices

Old 09-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #1
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
Waterstone problem with international customers

Hi!

Perhaps this has been noted previously somewhere, but Waterstones in the UK seems currently to have big problems in signing up international (i.e. non UK residents) customers for accounts. I tried it on their web site, but ended up with that my postal code wasn't accepted. After contacting Waterstones first via mail (with no real response within the promised 48 hour period) and then on the phone, they confirmed that there is a problem with international customers and that they don't know when it can get fixed. Seemed they were surprised and unprepared for the big interest now due to them selling the Sony Reader.

Zevs
Zevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 05:50 AM   #2
Kathryn
Kathryn began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
International customers on Waterstones.com

Hi Zevs,

Just to confirm Waterstone's is aware that there is currently a problem with new international customers registering on the site, this is being worked on as a priority as i type. Any existing international customers can continue to shop online as usual, and the site hopes to be fixed to new international customers by the end of the week. The problem was due to an update to the site when e-books were launched on the site, this does not affect any new UK customers or any existing customers.

Kathryn
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2008, 05:54 AM   #3
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Hi Kathryn and welcome to Mobileread. Are you working for Waterstone's?
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
paspas
Enthusiast
paspas began at the beginning.

Device: prs505
when i tried to write postal code from spain i had an error too, the solution was type postalcode from london (may be sw a22, use google). After you register , log in and change this postal code from options, delete that code and don't write any.
luck.

Sorry for my english :P
paspas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #5
Zevs
Book lover!!

Thanks very much for the tip Paspas! That worked to get an account! Haven't tried to buy a book yet, but hope that will work also.

Zevs
Advert
Old 09-12-2008, 04:52 AM   #6
Kathryn
Kathryn began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
waterstones.com international customers

Hi,

I can confirm that the problem with international customers creating a new account on Waterstones.com was fixed yesterday afternoon, so there should be no problems going forward, apologies for not posting this update earlier.

Kathryn (Waterstones.com)
Kathryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:35 AM   #7
kesey
Enthusiast
kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kesey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for keeping an eye on this Kathryn. If possible please tell the powers that be at Waterstone's to get the pricing right on ebooks. I'm sure a lot of us in Europe who read in English would like to deal with a European operator - as long as the prices are fair.

e.g I'm sure we'd all be buying the following if the price made sense!! Would you agree that having the Ebook more expensive than the Hardback is not very enticing as a means of generating sales of the Sony Reader?

best regards,

kesey

Ebook:
Jordan: Pushed to the Limit: Pushed to the Limit by Katie Price
Katie Price has led a rollercoaster life and the excitement, glamour and emotional twists and turns show no signs of slowing down...
Katie... Read more
Format: Ebook
Date of publish: 04/09/2008
Publisher: Century
£15.19 - List price: £18.99 - You save: £3.80

Hardback:
Jordan: Pushed to the Limit by Katie Price
Format: Hardback 288 pages
Date of publish: 14/02/2008
Publisher: Century
Usually despatched within 24 hours
£11.39 - List price: £18.99 - You save: £7.60
kesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #8
Zevs
Book lover!!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathryn View Post
Hi,

I can confirm that the problem with international customers creating a new account on Waterstones.com was fixed yesterday afternoon, so there should be no problems going forward, apologies for not posting this update earlier.

Kathryn (Waterstones.com)
Thanks Kathryn! I bought my first book from Waterstones today and it looks good in the reader so I'm happy

Zevs