Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 02-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
the7gerbers
Connoisseur
the7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litterthe7gerbers doesn't litter

Device: Kindles (Fire HD, Fire, Paperwhite) iPhone
Best tool to strip text out of PDF for LRF conversion?

I am looking mainly for something to pull the text out of my knitting patterns, which are often in pdf form, so I can then convert the text to LRF format. It would be nice if it did it pretty cleanly :-)

The pictures aren't important to me, just the text, for the patterns.

Any ideas on this will be helpful. I love this forum/site!
the7gerbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Hi

You could try using ABC Amber Sony converter, I hear it's pretty good and it's freeware
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
Hi

You could try using ABC Amber Sony converter, I hear it's pretty good and it's freeware
That only converts from LRF and does a poor job of it too.

If these PDF are DRM free, you could copy/past the text into Book designer to make an LRF eBook of the bits you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Hi

Best up to now I have found, and if PDF is not DRMed, is to pass the PDF by a OCR program (Omnipage Pro 16 or Finereader Pro 9), and then save it in a format you can edit afterwards before converting to the final lrf file.

It takes time and work, but gives you more control of the output and lets you create a template, that will permit build a new version of your eBook in the future, in any reflowing text format.

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote