Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2013, 04:00 PM   #1
mthodmn101
mthodmn101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Edit Default Kindle PW Font Sizes

How can I edit the default kindle PW font sizes? I am looking for some middle ground in font size between two of default sizes. Any help on which files i need to edit or where to start would be appreciated
mthodmn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthodmn101 View Post
How can I edit the default kindle PW font sizes? I am looking for some middle ground in font size between two of default sizes. Any help on which files i need to edit or where to start would be appreciated
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=219405
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #3
mthodmn101

Thanks, I already have that installed, but I am unsure how to edit the default font sizes. Like there are 9 font sizes, and i want something inbetween font sizes 7 and 8. Any help on adjusting one of them a little?
Old 09-17-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mthodmn101: You have a couple of choices:

* If you're running a FW version supported by JBPatch, it has a patch to do just that (tweak the sizes of each step in the Aa menu).

* If you're not, or you just want to tweak a specific font, check the linkfonts/etc/conf.avail/99-tweaks.conf fontconfig shard, there's an example in here to do just that. [The 'live' config directory is actually linkfonts/etc/conf.d, so, move your final config shard there].

FWIW, on my PW, I'm scaling every CFF font by +12%.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">

<!--
        Misc tweaks :)
-->
<fontconfig>
        <!-- Make Crimson 12% bigger -->
        <match target="font">
                <test name="family" compare="eq">
                        <string>Crimson</string>
                </test>
                <!-- So tweak the matrix instead... -->
                <edit name="matrix" mode="assign">
                        <times>
                                <name>matrix</name>
                                <matrix>
                                        <double>1.12</double>
                                        <double>0.0</double>
                                        <double>0.0</double>
                                        <double>1.12</double>
                                </matrix>
                        </times>
                </edit>
        </match>
</fontconfig>
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
mthodmn101

Ok, so all i need to do is place that conf in the conf.d directory and when i restart the framework the tweak will take effect?
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@mthodmn101: Provided you tweaked it to match on the actual font family you want to modify, and not Crimson/Crimson text like my examples, and it still has unix line-endings, yes.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:19 PM   #7
mthodmn101

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mthodmn101: Provided you tweaked it to match on the actual font family you want to modify, and not Crimson/Crimson text like my examples, and it still has unix line-endings, yes.
yes, I wanted to modfy the Caecilia so i replaced the text with that and saved.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:10 AM   #8
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
mthodmn101

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1431
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:26 AM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kaznelson: Ha! Thanks, I remembered this, but only found the K3/K4 version in my quick search to write post #4, so I thought I'd imagined the K5 version... >_<"
Old 09-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
mthodmn101

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
thnks for this.. think im gonna use the 26-40 one. Dont know how anyone can read the smallest default kindle font.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:14 AM   #11
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
I dont see the problem?

hehehe
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote