Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-04-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
MajC
MajC began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Help with formatting

Having trouble getting the text to appear as it does in the original book. For example, page numbers run into the bottom of the last paragraph. Text for poems are not single-spaced as they appear in the original book. The appearance, therefore, is not neatly-arranged as in typical book-reading style.

Any suggestions on how I can fix these formatting issues in order to read the e-book more easily?

MajC
MajC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved to separate thread
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Poetry formatting can be a pain (and well outside a global type adjustment that the Viewer CSS was intended to perform). I believe there are some great tips for hand coding poetry over in the EPUB forum.

Running into Page numbers at the bottom?? This might be a 'margins' issue.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote