Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
fgruber
Edge User

Nice review of the pocket edge at TabletPCreview.com

Check it out:
http://www.tabletpcreview.com/defaul...tablet+ereader

Old 01-11-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
myst
Edge User

That is a great review! I think the same could be said about the Entourage Edge as well.

Advert
Old 01-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #3
alex_edge
Edge User

I think the reviewer's "cons" are very interesting:

* Relatively bulky compared to similar devices
Perhaps, except what are the similar devices he's comparing to? Given that it is the only dualbook out there, comparison to just a reader or a tablet seems unfair.

* Keyboard difficult to use unless you use the stylus
Personally, I find this to be true of all touchscreen devices. The PE is no better or worse than the others I've tried.

* eInk touchscreen much less responsive than the LCD; the stylus is a must
This is true. But is eInk ever as responsive as LCD?

* High price
I got mine for $325--that's less than what a tablet and an ereader separately would have cost.

Perhaps I just don't like the fact that he said the PE is good for "parents and grandparents!" Guess that makes all of us who aren't Apple fanboys (or fangirls) old fogeys...

Old 01-11-2011, 06:19 PM   #4
sammieb77
Edge User

Interesting indeed...
Price?
I'm not even going to mention the going rate of the 'cool' (his words) iPad : $499-$829. Not to sound too rude, but obviously cost wasn't a factor when he purchased his product ... or is it that he is just way too cool?