Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-31-2011, 10:12 AM   #1
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Aldiko disappearing!

When I disconnect my Vox from computer,Aldiko is always gone.Have to reboot to get it back.Any ideas?
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moketa View Post
When I disconnect my Vox from computer,Aldiko is always gone.Have to reboot to get it back.Any ideas?
Gone from where? Your home screen or the app menu?
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
kcarscadden
Zealot
kcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavenskcarscadden is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad Air 5, Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
When you connect the Vox to your computer using USB, the Vox itself dismounts the SD cards, so they can be mounted by your computer. Aldiko is expecting the SD card to be there, tries to access, can't, and crashes. To get Aldiko back, you must reboot the Vox.

Those are my theories, and I am sticking to them! (for now, until better ones come along.)

Mantano reader seems to do this less often (or maybe I am just not connecting to the computer very often any more). Try it. You can get it at:

http://slideme.org/application/mantano-reader-free

Keith
kcarscadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
peterhondak
Zealot
peterhondak is on a distinguished road

Device: KoboMini (mine and MIL) KoboVox(returned), sonytouch(mom's),samsung7"
I often have the same thing happen when I link up pc and VOX. I have reloaded aldiko a few times.

Mine has disappeared from my app file, I have to go to the download app and "reinstall" it.

is Mantano the same idea as Aldiko?

I thinking that with dropbox I will rarely hook up pc/vox so I'm hopeing it doesn't happen anymore.
peterhondak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 08:59 PM   #5
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I use Aldiko with the Calibre server or Dropbox and have had zero problems with the app disappearing as I am not using the USB and only use Aldiko to load books wirelessly from Calibre or from my Dropbox on the Vox.
Old 12-31-2011, 11:40 PM   #6
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I use Aldiko with the Calibre server or Dropbox and have had zero problems with the app disappearing as I am not using the USB and only use Aldiko to load books wirelessly from Calibre or from my Dropbox on the Vox.
I've been doing the same thing - although I've been using the Calibre content server to download books wirelessly to Aldiko and I haven't had any problems.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:14 AM   #7
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Has a solution been found for this problem? Unfortunately, I need to connect my Vox via USB from time to time so loading books via wi-fi isn't really an option.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #8
Cdesja5
Wizard

I believe I recall that someone gave some tips in another thread....unfortunately I can't find it. you may have to do a search for vox and aldiko and go through them. Have you tried updating your version of Aldiko to the newest? It may be a corrupt file that's causing the problem?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard

just found this explanation in the Aldiko forum...

http://aldiko.zendesk.com/entries/39...ting-my-device
Old 01-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Possible solution:

From the launcher, select menu, then settings, then applications, then aldiko. There is a move to kobo button. Click on that. I connected my Vox via USB and it was still there after disconnecting.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #11
Moketa
Moketa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWinmill View Post
Possible solution:

From the launcher, select menu, then settings, then applications, then aldiko. There is a move to kobo button. Click on that. I connected my Vox via USB and it was still there after disconnecting.
Thank you! That did the trick!
Moketa is offline   Reply With Quote