Notices

Old 10-10-2009, 06:10 AM   #31
MrZehl
Happy Reader
MrZehl began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I installed Wine and then installed WinSCP in Wine.
Yes I did too. It works, but I prefer a Linux app. Krusader is able to do it. Use fish:// instead of ssh://. It's apity there was a bug in the fish protocol so with the current Krusader in the repositories it's not possible to copy files to the BeBook. Beut the bug is solved and I hope the 9.10 repositories will include the fixed version. What you can do with the current version is browse and copy files to your computer. If you ever used Norton Commander, you will love Krusader.

I'll wait for 9.10 and if the bug is not solved there I will get the latest version myself.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:41 AM   #32
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZehl View Post
I can't rename my fonts dir to .fonts. Windows won't allow it.
This can be done on the command line (change H to your drive letter):
Code:
rename H:\fonts .fonts
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 05:40 AM   #33
MrZehl
Happy Reader
MrZehl began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
This can be done on the command line (change H to your drive letter):
Code:
rename H:\fonts .fonts
Thanks, but I already managed to get an SSH connection on my Linux-box, so I did this in a ssh session. But it is surely a nice tip for Windows users. Something for in the wiki?

Last edited by MrZehl; 10-13-2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #34
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I am seeing a very quick power drain on a Hanlin V3, about 12 hours from a full to an empty battery. I usually leave the device on a Bookshelf directory view within the SD card when I'm not reading, and it definitely drains fast in that mode. I have set the clock (which I don't really need) and I noticed that the clock display on the screen in the directory view is updated every minute. I'll try without the clock set this evening.

Is anyone else getting a quick battery drain?
Old 10-15-2009, 05:17 PM   #35
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZehl View Post
The file one file I saw at first and the three I didn't are all the same format: rtf.

EDIT:
I just found another directory which had the same flaw. There are 8 rtf's in the directory. When I opened it I saw only one file on page 2/2. I pressed > for the next page and then the list was reformated as 1 page with all files visible. I think it's the same with the other directory but I just saw one file and didn't look at the page, probably was also page 2/2.
Starnge that it only happens the first time you enter a directory. Is this a caching problem?

EDIT2:
Browsed some folders and the problem seems to be this: When I open a directory always the second page is shown. When there are not enough files to have a page 2, the last file is shown as only file on page 2. Touching back or forward makes the the page reformat to 1 page. Directories with enough files to have more pages filled, show the last page, so 2 or 3. I don't have directories with more files, but I assume it will be always the last.
Of course I want the first page shown by default instead of the last.
Weird is that directories with files that fit on one page are fixed when I pres < or > one time. From then on they always show on one page.

EDIT3:
When I open a directory with a lot of files the last page is shown, I go back to page 1 and leave the directory, I enter the directory again and I'm on page 1.
So it seems that there is a cache somewhere and when opening a directory for the first time it opens the last page of the directory, but at least page 2. When in a directory with to not enough files to have a page 2, the last file of page 1 will show. When going back or forward it only 1 page is shown and the page you're on (page 1) is cached. So the problem will never occur.
So when entering a new directory for the first time (there is no 'last page shown' setting somewhere) jsut show page 1 and the problem will be solved. I guess.
I've just found that I have this problem too. I just put three books in a folder and only one showed up....being displayed on page "2/2". Once I had page turned back it displayed all three files on the one page.

Bit strange.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Advert
Old 10-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #36
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I am seeing a very quick power drain on a Hanlin V3, about 12 hours from a full to an empty battery. I usually leave the device on a Bookshelf directory view within the SD card when I'm not reading, and it definitely drains fast in that mode. I have set the clock (which I don't really need) and I noticed that the clock display on the screen in the directory view is updated every minute. I'll try without the clock set this evening.

Is anyone else getting a quick battery drain?
Battery life seems to be as long as previous releases for me. It's on 55% atm and I haven't charged it since the day this snapshot was released. I've not been leaving it on the bookshelf but mid-book and tend to press the power switch to lock the keys.

If it is bookshelf/clock related then try using the lock keys option (press power switch once) to see if that solves it.

Last edited by JoeD; 10-15-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #37
mrgoodkat
mrgoodkat began at the beginning.

Device: Hanvon N516
I have the problem of the massive battery drain with my Hanvon N516 (Battery usually last for about 400 page turns and runs empty when I dont shut down the device over night)

Does the Azbooka image have the same flaw? I cant imagine they sell a device with a software that doesnt provide the advertised 7000 page turns.

Whats the difference between the Azbooka image and the Hanvon N516 image? Its the same device but the images are of a different size.