Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Ginnee
Ginnee began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Opus
Kindle books on Opus

Hi, I have never posted here before, so, Hello. I have the Bookeen Opus, which I have not found to be so user friendly. I have Calibre, tools_v4.8 and ADE loaded onto my computer. I have several kindle books I put on my Opus and I have de-DRMed them to do so. Finally I did get them on the Opus...not sure how many days and hours it took me to figure this out. They look terrible, the font (I made it smaller) fades at the sides of the pages. Any help you can give me is much appreciated. Thank you.
Ginnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Hi Ginnee, welcome to MobileRead!

Can you please tell us a little bit more: which firmware do you use, which font, which steps you take from downloading the book at Amazon till uploading it to your Opus.
And it would be nice if you could provide a photo about the fading, as this is not a typical behaviour.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginnee View Post
Hi, I have never posted here before, so, Hello. I have the Bookeen Opus, which I have not found to be so user friendly. I have Calibre, tools_v4.8 and ADE loaded onto my computer. I have several kindle books I put on my Opus and I have de-DRMed them to do so. Finally I did get them on the Opus...not sure how many days and hours it took me to figure this out. They look terrible, the font (I made it smaller) fades at the sides of the pages. Any help you can give me is much appreciated. Thank you.

I do the same...l de--drm and then put them through the Calibre grinder...but mine look fine on my Opus.... might be the de-drm machine.
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote