Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-10-2011, 02:59 AM   #1
jzkenner
Jeremy
jzkenner began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
installation problem

like some others, i am having problems installing Calibre. it gets near the end and then says that the file is corrupted and that there may be several causes. then, it rolls back the installation.

i have disabled my A/V protection as suggested and that didn't help.

i am using Windows XP
jzkenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:36 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Try downloading the file again. If you're using a download manager, try disabling it, and/or use another browser. You may want to try the alternate download location linked to on the official site.
If you're updating from a previous Calibre install, uninstall that version first, then doublecheck that the installation directory is, indeed, removed (default is c:\program files\calibre2). Reboot and try installing again.
If the above doesn't help, try looking in the system log (found in the control panel, somewhere in the management folder) for a more detailed error message.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert