Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
romanca
romanca began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
library in Sony format - buy Kinde next?

I have owned a first Sony model for few years and I have a nice library of ebooks i have bought on the Sony store. I have broken display on my sony (you know, the knee accident on the airplane ) so i have to buy a new device. My question is, if i can somehow manage to transfer my library so i could read the books also on the Kindle? or do i have to buy another sony device?
romanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, romanca.

If you 'liberated' all you Sony books,you could use Calibre to shift the format to mobi so that you could read them on the Kindle.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
romanca

thank you for welcome notice (i see i have joined the forum May 2007 and this is my first post ) I know this is on boundaries with the law but how can I liberate my library? i tried to google around but i did not find anything. I would rather buy Kindle but i dont want to invest another 1000 usd in to the books I already own (do I )
Old 01-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If you're book are in LRX, you have to get the ePub versions of them and remove the DRM before they can be used on the Kindle (as DG has pointed out). Once the DRM is gone, you can do a mass conversion with Calibre.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
The nook will read the new Sony epub files without liberation. In my opinion they look better on the nook also.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #6
romanca

thank you all, i have my library in ePub now and will set my books free. btw, how much would cost to repair the broken screen? the truth is, i was very happy with my sony ereader. i have used it mostly on long flights (thats the accident) and during vacations, so i dont really need new one.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
I bet you could get a Sony 300 cheaper then having the screen on your 500 repaired.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote