Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #1
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: iLiad v2, Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Voyage
Using light from prsa-cl1 for T1

I'm looking for a light to go with my tuff-luv cover, and what I've seen around didn't really convince me. Either it doesn't clip right on the T1, lasts 5 minutes with ultra expensive batteries, is too heavy, or the light is not good and too weak.
I saw the cover for the 505, and the light with the glass (http://www.abt.com/product/37671/Sony-PRSACL1.html).
I'm wondering if I can get that cover, take out the light and glass, and use it with my tuff-luv cover. Any advice on that ? My worry is the glass piece. Is it too small for the T1 ? Is it, altogether, a good idea or a total waste of time and money ?

(and no, I don't want to buy the one from sony. I bought it for my boyfriend and I don't want to have exactly the same, and the tuff-luv hemp cover looks 1000 times better ^^)

Otherwise, if somebody can suggest a good light, that lasts long, that doesn't use super expensive batteries, that's quite light, not too expensive and doesn't destroy the edge of the T1, I'd love to give it a try
Vanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
My wife owns a Nook WiFi (the older white one) and she got a Lyra Light for it. I've used it in a pinch for my white T1. The T1 is so light that the slight weight of the light is actually noticeable, though. The Lyra light is also available in black. They're also available in B&N stores if you want to go try it out.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 04:27 PM   #3
Vanessa
French newbie
Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.Vanessa is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

I'm a bit too far for that ^^
No battery problem? From what I read on the reviews, it doesn't last very long.
Isn't the edge of the T1 too narrow to pinch the light on?
Old 08-10-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
I'm a bit too far for that ^^
No battery problem? From what I read on the reviews, it doesn't last very long.
Isn't the edge of the T1 too narrow to pinch the light on?
It uses a button cell battery. My wife uses hers for her nook and for physical books. We've not had to replace the battery yet and it's not dimmed noticeably yet. I've clamped it onto the T1 just fine. I personally don't care much for the counterweight it adds because the T1 is so light. Even using Sony's unlighted case adds weight to it, though.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Vanessa
French newbie

I would prefer an AAA battery or even better, USB rechargeable. I saw this one on ebay : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3604681435...84.m1438.l2649
but I don't know if it's any good.
The e-luminator by M-edge seems pretty good too... But I don't understand if it goes only with the m-edge cases or if it can be used with any other cover.
Anyone tried those ?
The lyra light seems interesting, but I can't find it anywhere (I live in Switzerland, so it has to be shipped there).
Advert
Old 08-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #6
Vanessa
French newbie

So no one actually has any thoughts about my idea of using the light from the prsa-cl1 on the prs-t1?
I've been browsing amazon and ebay and forums for a good reading light, and so far, I'm not convinced by any of them...
The one I liked a lot was the Kandle II, but apparently, it doesn't fit so well on the T1 because of the bezel.
Maybe I'll go with the e-luminator, I just need to know if I can use it with the sony and without an m-edge cover (I'll have a tuff-luv cover).
Old 08-12-2012, 09:39 PM   #7
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I Love the eluminator from m-edge. I don't know if they still have the deal running which I got, or if it's available internationally. I got the Kindle Keyboard New Yorker cover for $9.99 and the light was free! Yes, I use my T1 in it, when I need a light. It fits fine. It is a little big. Normally I use the T1 with no cover. I do have a silicone skin on (the kind that is removable) so perhaps that makes it stay in the K3 cover better.

I have another generic K3 cover that the m-edge eluminator light works fine in, also, there is a perfect slot to slide it in. I can't tell from the tuff luv Sony cover on Amazon, if there is a place to slide the light in. Possibly at the top. If so, that would work. The eluminator is a fantastic ereader light!

If the cover you are getting is the kind with the four bands at the corners, then yes, the eluminator will slide between the back of the reader and the case. I think it will stay that way, if not, put the reader in a silicone skin.

Last edited by booklover6; 08-12-2012 at 09:44 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I have the e-Luminator light. I really like it. I use it with my Oberon cover. It attaches to the cover like a paperclip so your cover has to have a slot on the inside that it can slip into. I also have a light that is similar to the Kandle but a different brand from Target. It has adjustable width and works fine with the T1 when you clip it to the thickness of both the T1 and the cover so maybe the Kandle is similar.

I had the lighted cover for my 505. I don't think it would work very well with the T1 because the height of the ereaders is different. Also it scratched easily which didn't look good when lighted. I didn't like it very much and never used it.

Hope that helps and you enjoy our new T1 & cover!
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:24 AM   #9
Vanessa
French newbie

Thanks !
My cover is this one : http://tuff-luv.com/natural-hemp-boo...sert-sand.html
I guess there is some space between the cover and the reader (I haven't received the cover yet). But is it possible to attach it to the front cover ? I mean, I'll fold back the front cover when I read, so if I can clip the e-luminator to the front cover, it should be fine... But I guess it's only design to be clipped to magazines that way, so it might break it...
Anyway, I found it somewhere at a fair price and I've inquired about international shipping... I hope it's possible. Otherwise, I'll probably take the Kandle, even though I'd prefer the e-luminator, since it's powered by an AAA battery...
Old 08-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I still can't tell from the pics, but it looks like the type where the reader slides in from the top. If so, I think you will be able to slide the eluminator in at the top between the back of the reader and the case. That should work fine.

I have a Belkin ebook light which I like, also, though I like the eluminator better. The Belkin would work for the T1 in a cover.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #11
Vanessa
French newbie

I guess it will fit, here is a picture (received it today, beautiful case !) :

I finally found the e-luminator at a fair price, so I've ordered it. I'll get it next week, I guess.

Last edited by Vanessa; 08-14-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Yes, the eluminator will slide into that and should work just fine.
Old 08-25-2012, 05:35 AM   #13
milfisland
milfisland began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hi Vanessa,

Did the eluminator light work well with the case? I'm thinking of trying the same combination.
milfisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 AM   #14
Vanessa
French newbie

Hi!
Still haven't received the light yet... (which is a bit strange, normally Amazon is quicker. I however received an estimate delivery date between the 24. Aug and 3rd September.)
I'll come back here with a review and pictures as soon as I have it
Old 08-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #15
milfisland
milfisland began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
great, thanks!
One other question, if you don't mind: how is the Tuff-Luv case when reading the T1 in landscape mode? Does the front flap make it awkward, blocking out natural light, etc.?

Not sure a lot of people use the T1 this way, but I use it for PDFs, mainly.
milfisland is offline   Reply With Quote