Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #1
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day from Oz (Queensland)

I've already posted twice...or three times, once seeking gratefully-received assistance and advice, but I thought I better take a hint and introduce myself.

My name is Marc, and I live in Noosa, Queensland, Australia. I've always had an ear-to-the-ground interest is ebooks and devices, but I've only just finally been pushed (by myself) to start seriously looking at getting a device. Part of this has been a recent trend for me to read "classics", and the cost of a device will be offset in time by the savings by not buying "dead tree" versions.

Anyway, recent sort-of-retirement means I have much more time on my hands to do nothing but sit by the pool, or at the beach, and read.

I'm 37, I love my two dogs (Airedale Terriers, Maggie & Oscar), icecream, photography, reading, and the beach. Apart from the recent trend mentioned above, I tend to read SF and seemingly those books that bookstores like to store under "Literature" rather than "Fiction" (How do they decide? ). I'm certainly not averse to a good, "Fiction" potboiler though.

So, g'day.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
GoneNova
Enthusiast
GoneNova is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle 4,Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One, Libra2
Welcome Marc- I hope you enjoy these forums as much as I have. They helped me decide which reader was best for me(Cybook.) I don't post much, but I'm getting a really good education here. I also have an Airedale- Duncan. They're great dogs, aren't they? See you around.
GoneNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Welcome to the Forum.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 07:27 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Linda. They are great dogs - my Oscar is probably the coolest dog on the planet, and my late Monty was clearly and totally (in my eyes ) the greatest dog that ever lived, and Maggie...well, she's the prettiest, loveliest, cutest (and damnedly smartest and most cursedly manipulative) dog.

Thanks, too, cassidym.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 02-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I was thinking of making this thread a sticky, just to show where we all went terribly wrong, but decided to stick with thread necromancy instead.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Marc, and welcome to MobileRead.

You'll find lots of interesting friendly, knowledgeable people here ready to help with any problems you may have.

Just a word of advice.

Stay away from the monkey boy. You've been warned.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 04:42 PM   #7
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
G'day Marc and welcome.

I am sure that you will find all sorts of help and information here, plus, please remember what DG has advised. The monkeys here are indeed to be avoided at all costs. They're lethal I tell 'ya.

Just one small item that I disagree with: my little dog named Girly is the cutest, most adorable, most manipulate *people trainer* in the planet. Sorry about that.

I am so pleased for your sake that 'they've gone' and life can now return to normal.

If you enjoy pbooks, we have a great agency here called 'Dymocks", with lots of reading matter. I usually send my hubby in to get books for me, as I seem to come over all strange(OK stranger than usual) when entering as if Dracula has taken up residence in their foyer. But, that's just me, you might enjoy a browse along their aisles and the staff is most helpful and friendly.

Somehow, I feel as if I have wandered in *The Twilight Zone*!!!
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Thank you all for such a warm welcome to this poor, innocent, ignorant newbie. I hope I can add as much of a contribution to this fine forum as you wonderful folks. I promise to avoid all monkeys as much as is primately possible. I have recommended this place to my best friend, Adrian, and he says he will definitely join straight away.

Hey, do any of you like cocktails?
Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Thank you all for such a warm welcome to this poor, innocent, ignorant newbie. I hope I can add as much of a contribution to this fine forum as you wonderful folks. I promise to avoid all monkeys as much as is primately possible. I have recommended this place to my best friend, Adrian, and he says he will definitely join straight away.

Hey, do any of you like cocktails?
Oooh....we LOVE cocktails! Do you have any special recipes? And any friend of yours is a friend of ours! Please, do join us!

tiptoes to closet, opens door.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Thanks for thanking us more than a year later.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote