Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-07-2008, 08:21 PM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
...from which we can infer that in the Netherlands, Marc's left testicle would be worth, well, 19 euro since they are running a special right now. I might actually book - the ticket, that is.

http://www.nshispeed.nl/thalys-parijs-actie-19-euro-ns

65 euro for a first-class testicle^H^H^H^H^Hticket.
Dear Mister Acid Zebra. As you will shortly see validated with the additional karma, I would just like to express my appreciation for your jocular retort by noting that the spontaneous cachinnation forced violently from me was also accompanied by an unrequested smidgen of waste fluids. That is to say, a little bit of wee came out. I'm oddly appreciative (I guess because I can always change my shorts).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #17
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Dear Mister Acid Zebra. As you will shortly see validated with the additional karma, I would just like to express my appreciation for your jocular retort by noting that the spontaneous cachinnation forced violently from me was also accompanied by an unrequested smidgen of waste fluids. That is to say, a little bit of wee came out. I'm oddly appreciative (I guess because I can always change my shorts).

Cheers,
Marc
I really MUST put a sign over my screen saying "Do NOT read MR with a drink of any description as your keyboard and screen cannot take it any more"
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:38 PM   #18
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I really MUST put a sign over my screen saying "Do NOT read MR with a drink of any description as your keyboard and screen cannot take it any more"
yeah, seriously. plus you might choke one of these days.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:35 AM   #19
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Perhaps there is a market for a MR-branded line of waterproof keyboards and monitors, such as featured here: http://www.ruggedtech.com/

I don't have any suggestions for the, um, leakage, but I guess we could slap a MR sticker on diapers or whatever you call the adult version?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:22 AM   #20
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, apparently it doesn't compare to the Moscow métro either (according to a russian friend of mine). nonetheless, i find it is most of the time relatively effective for getting around. and it's worlds better than no métro at all. i also affirm that it's infinitely better than the san francisco métro (ONE line !! pff.). it could be better... but it could be much worse. or even nonexistent.
I definitely love the Paris Métro. Try New York's sub once and you know what I mean. As for hotels, The Campanile near Gare du Nord is a really good one. I have stayed there a few times and I will probably will be staying there for our meet-up.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:10 AM   #21
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Perhaps there is a market for a MR-branded line of waterproof keyboards and monitors, such as featured here: http://www.ruggedtech.com/

I don't have any suggestions for the, um, leakage, but I guess we could slap a MR sticker on diapers or whatever you call the adult version?
That pretty much takes care of the needs of the entire llounge.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:20 AM   #22
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Incontinence pads/pants. (Like British pants, not American pants).
We used to get lots of calls requesting them, even though I work for a bank.
I actually only wandered in here looking for the origins of Hugo & Lefty....
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 11:24 AM   #23
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Incontinence pads/pants. (Like British pants, not American pants).
We used to get lots of calls requesting them, even though I work for a bank.
people call a bank looking for diapers ?? what kind of a bank are you working for ??
Quote:
I actually only wandered in here looking for the origins of Hugo & Lefty....
aaah... the origins of hugo and lefty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by psockpuppet View Post
"Well, some say that the Great Wearer decided that all Wearers needed comfyness and warmth for their feet and therefore stretched His hand forth and caused the Knitting to occur from raw firmament. Others feel that Primitive Wearers had to cover their feet with skins and furs as the migrated northward from Africa. Because of the chaffing, they discovered knitting. AFter several generations, mutations in the basic pattern of Socking became evident and that led to the diversity of Socks that we have today."
or perhaps you were looking for something more along these lines :
Quote:
"who is Lefty ?" who is Lefty ??? you know, Lefty ! Hugo's, um, twin. everybody knows Hugo and Lefty ! they're my socks.
Old 12-08-2008, 11:48 AM   #24
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Ah! It all becomes clear! (or should that be woolly?)
Thanks, Queen Z!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:03 PM   #25
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Ah! It all becomes clear! (or should that be woolly?)
Thanks, Queen Z!
glad to be of service (and yes, "woolly" is probably most apt).

also :
hear ye, hear ye : since all those expressing a preference for a date thus far have done so in favor of the 31, i decree "so be it". narrowing it down will make it easier to organise things. i'll edit the first post to reflect this.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:08 PM   #26
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I should know by the end of the week whether I can come or not.
(I hope that I can.)
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 09:09 PM   #27
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I should know by the end of the week whether I can come or not.
(I hope that I can.)
fingers crossed !
Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM   #28
zelda_pinwheel

only two weeks away now ! please leave a message to say you'll be attending and whether or not you will stay for dinner, so i can tell the chef how many people he will be cooking for.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:37 PM   #29
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
only two weeks away now ! please leave a message to say you'll be attending and whether or not you will stay for dinner, so i can tell the chef how many people he will be cooking for.
I won't be attending, but will probably stay for dinner...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I won't be attending, but will probably stay for dinner...
that's good to know, thanks.

for the moment, these are the people who plan to attend :

1. mtravellerh
2. deloscampos
3. Gaurnim +1 (apéro + dîner)
5. Nammalvar
6. filip
7. YGG-
8. FlorenceArt
9. Polyglot27
10. Alfy
11. Hadrien (apéro + dîner)
12. zelda (apéro + dîner)
13. acidzebra ??

Tags
apéro, back by popular demand, be there with bells on, meet-up, meetup, paris, rencontre, show'em how it's done, the original