Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
ludlow
ludlow began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
howdy

well after much reading and studying i decided to jump in and purchase a sony 505, i read a lot and travel a lot and i get tired of lugging books around.

i've done a lot of reading on my computer, downloaded or bought every book i could find on the black mask web site, sorry to see it go.

i've been reading on my treo for years and like it, but older eyes, need much bigger print.

i just hope i understood every thing i read and can use the sony like i think i can.
ludlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ludlow View Post
well after much reading and studying i decided to jump in and purchase a sony 505, i read a lot and travel a lot and i get tired of lugging books around.

i've done a lot of reading on my computer, downloaded or bought every book i could find on the black mask web site, sorry to see it go.

i've been reading on my treo for years and like it, but older eyes, need much bigger print.

i just hope i understood every thing i read and can use the sony like i think i can.
Welcome! I know that you will love having a ereader that's so easy to carry with you everywhere. I travel a great deal and love having hundreds of books at my finger tips. If you're in the U.S., checkout the info about checking out ebooks online from public libraries. Understand that the Adobe versions work very well with the new Sony 505 upgrade.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 08:29 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi ludlow and welcome to the Forum. I have a 505 and like it a lot. And, you're right, it is especially useful for travel.

Good advice there from Leep. I use the Fairfax, VA Library for eBooks and the Adobe versions work fine on the 505
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:

Welcome, welcome. I'm with you. I purchased my Amazon Kindle for the same reason -- too much travel, too much reading, and a desire for a lighter load. I later purchased a Sony PRS 505 for comparison purposes and to experiment with book-making software.

Here at MobileRead, you can find thousands of books made especially for your Sony Reader. And, you can also find free books at Feedbooks, ManyBooks, and Munseys (which appears to be Black Mask minus Doc Savage).

Enjoy your Sony -- hang out and tell us more about the kinds of books you enjoy.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 12:32 AM   #5
ludlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi ludlow and welcome to the Forum. I have a 505 and like it a lot. And, you're right, it is especially useful for travel.

Good advice there from Leep. I use the Fairfax, VA Library for eBooks and the Adobe versions work fine on the 505
when you say "check out books" from public library, do you have to sign up or join the library? how does it work?
Old 09-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #6
ludlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Welcome, welcome. I'm with you. I purchased my Amazon Kindle for the same reason -- too much travel, too much reading, and a desire for a lighter load. I later purchased a Sony PRS 505 for comparison purposes and to experiment with book-making software.

Here at MobileRead, you can find thousands of books made especially for your Sony Reader. And, you can also find free books at Feedbooks, ManyBooks, and Munseys (which appears to be Black Mask minus Doc Savage).

Enjoy your Sony -- hang out and tell us more about the kinds of books you enjoy.
i was fortunate to get every cd the black mask had before it went under, a life time of reading, i'm trying my best to put a big dent in the list.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:49 AM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
when you say "check out books" from public library, do you have to sign up or join the library? how does it work?
Yes, you have to have a Library Card as you use that number plus a PIN to electronically check out books. Not complicated and it is a great book resource.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:52 AM   #8
ludlow

Quote:
Yes, you have to have a Library Card as you use that number plus a PIN to electronically check out books. Not complicated and it is a great book resource.
all right! thanks for the info
Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 AM   #9
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer

One of the things I like about checking out books electronically from the Library apart from the convenience is that you can try out a new author without having to buy the book.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:09 AM   #10
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Ludlow ....

Where are you exactly in the Texas Hill Country??? I ask because I'm in Horseshoe Bay ... are you at all close to there??
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 10:59 PM   #11
ludlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Ludlow ....

Where are you exactly in the Texas Hill Country??? I ask because I'm in Horseshoe Bay ... are you at all close to there??
i'm live near boerne, great motorcycle riding here.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:01 PM   #12
ludlow

library

Quote:
One of the things I like about checking out books electronically from the Library apart from the convenience is that you can try out a new author without having to buy the book.
do all or most libraries do e books, and is there a residence requirement? or do you just log into a library and ask for memebership?