Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-17-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Beneath Ceaseless Skies--now in PRC (Mobi)

Beneath Ceaseless Skies is an online magazine of fantasy adventure that's been around for a while...maybe a year or two? They produce a couple of free short stories each month (and have been remarkably on schedule with High Quality Stuff!) Anyway, I just saw that they'd gone 'e-book' which means they've made their issues available in PDF and mobi prc--woot! Easier to read and portable.

Here's the back issues list with the file types/downloads:

http://beneath-ceaseless-skies.com/toc.php?s=all

There's another online magazine I know if that is considering going mobile! I've written to encourage them...

Here's the link to Beneath:

http://www.beneath-ceaseless-skies.com/

You should be able to get to any of the issue from there.

Woot!

Maria
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Just downloaded 10 of these magazines in mobi (all that are currently available in that form), and they look great. Each one has two stories and they look very nicely formatted.

Thanks!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 09:06 AM   #3
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You bet. I think you'll be very pleased with the quality and the stories. I've read a number of them--great traditional fantasy (Some are a tad darker than I like, but that is ALWAYS the case with me as I'm...wimpy.)

Maria
Old 11-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #4
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
these look very good and i love the covers - thanks
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:18 PM   #5
animedude01
Addict
animedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheeseanimedude01 can extract oil from cheese

Device: DR1000S, ILIAD2, Nokia n900, Kindle for PC, Astak EZReader Pro
How in the world am I supposed to make a dent in my TBR list when it keeps growing exponentially?
animedude01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 06:31 PM   #6
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Basschick, I agree. I love the artwork--that's probably what caught my attention first. He picked some really excellent stuff for covers.