Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-09-2009, 06:05 AM   #1
dura
Groupie
dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dura ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O (2th edition), Kindle PW11
question/suggestion: convert directly and make importing of sourcefile optional

Hi, I love Calibre, and am very happy PRS300 support came one day after my reader itself arrived.

I got lot of sourcefile on my HD, libraries etc with all kinds of books in PDF, RTF, LIT etc.

When I import them in Calibre I convert them afterwards; the I usually have 3 files: a cover, the source and a LRF.
I do not need the first two at all in Calibre and certainly not on my reader!

I keep the sourcefiles backedup somewhere else, so what I would like is the option to convert upon import and just keep the .LRF in the library.

Now I remove all not-LRF files via the meta-info option, but why not the abality to set it once in options?
On import convert to <preferred format> do not import sourcefile.

Or am I missing something and is this already possible? I am still a noob after all.
dura is offline   Reply With Quote