Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 10:12 AM   #91
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
What about using the tablet for reading, instead of play games ...
That's very simple to answer kitty ,I would be here until Christmas and beyond listing FREE books.I currently have 120 ++ ebooks on my my own Nexus thank you .

http://www.gutenberg.org/

Why don't you contribute instead of making wise cracks and make a list of BEST FREE Ebooks for all of us and add it here so every one can benefit

I have collected over 1000+ ebooks over the years and im currently looking for a media streamer that can access them on my PC as the two WiFi media streamers i have now cant access Ebooks..Once i have found one i will share it here just like everything else so every one benefits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-06-00-13-08.png
Views:	220
Size:	797.0 KB
ID:	90346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-06-00-13-25.png
Views:	212
Size:	262.2 KB
ID:	90347  

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-08-2012 at 11:29 AM.
darksaber35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #92
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I'm sure the next gen stuff from most manufacturers will have many of the same features as the Nexus and we'll be seeing some stuff before the end of the year. If I had a Tab 2, Fire or Nook Tab I'd probably just wait and see what comes out in the next few months.
Yep; and Black Friday is just 3+ months off. Lots of cool gadgets will be out by then.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 PM   #93
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Mine (Nexus 7) is scheduled for delivery today. Let's see ...

After three days with the Galaxy, I can tell is a nice device but I don't know why, it gets sluggish at times, specially when scrolling down some webpages.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 03:41 PM   #94
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is here, is here ... ...

The lady from my PO Box called me saying I have a UPS package ...
Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #95
jocampo
Layback feline

Wow! ... I'm impressed.

The Nexus is not only cheap but fast, responsive and gorgeous display.

No doubt, I'll return the Galaxy 2 tomorrow.
Advert
Old 08-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #96
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
(Emphasis added). I'll gather you mean "inexpensive".
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 12:39 AM   #97
jocampo
Layback feline

Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
(Emphasis added). I'll gather you mean "inexpensive".

Does the word cheap sounds bad to you?
Old 08-09-2012, 11:24 AM   #98
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Wow! ... I'm impressed.

No doubt, I'll return the Galaxy 2 tomorrow.
The display really is nice isn't it? The whole device just has such a solid quality feel to it. My review is here http://dearauthor.com/ebooks/google-nexus-7-review/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:40 AM   #99
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Does the word cheap sounds bad to you?
Not at all. Just disambiguating it.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:11 PM   #100
jocampo
Layback feline

The display is awesome! Great for reading. That's the main reason I'm keeping it, selling my Kindle Fire and returning the Galaxy 2.
Old 08-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #101
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Boosting your Audio

Like most tablet users i have been wanting to increase the audio volume while using my Nexus i have been testing a few Apps to see if i can increase the audio for movies ,music and games .The Apps i tried did not seem to deliverer the goods UNTIL i came across VOLUME+.

VOLUME+

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.lvh&hl=en
This App increases your speakers volume by 30%+(my rough guess) and ear phones volume by even more so you can really hear your media whether it be music, movies or gaming.

This App is not fully finished yet as the producer is still working on it but so far it helps quit a bit with what it does do.

I have so far tested
Google play , MX player , games and music played on google play and it increases the volume as stated,it does not work with DICE media player.
The volume boost has a setting from 1-20 but i find level 10 just rite as at level 20 it changes the audio a bit to much giving it a concert hall ?? sound to it.

For the $2 it's worth it so why not spend a little of that $25 that came with the Nexus 7 It has separate volume boost control screens for SPEAKERS, EARPHONES & BLUETOOTH so you can configure it how you like .

This application was designed primarily to boost the volume of a wired headset. Whilst it will boost the main loudspeaker volume, it may not be as prominent. Please bare this in mind.

Millions of people blame bad headphones for low-quality music, well put the blame where it belongs; your phone and the audio software. Volume+ can fix the issue system wide. Using Volume+ your phone or tablet will get a boost in bass, treble, and if you're using our presets, you can finally experience the quality of music that you truly deserve. Being system wide, Volume+ works with Google Music, Pandora, Slacker, and every other music software on your device (that doesn't have a built in EQ). Volume+ might not get you the same experience that you get with those over priced headphones, but what we can promise you is that for $2, you will get music that is finally worth listening to.

MASS EFFECT™ INFILTRATOR
Not only does this game look great it plays super smooth just like all the others i have tried out so if you like any of the MASS EFFECT games you will love this one as it's a hole new campaign to play through.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...JhdG9yX3JvdyJd
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	91023   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-10-02-53-26.png
Views:	211
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	91024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-11-14-54-28.png
Views:	216
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	91026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-11-14-54-14.png
Views:	209
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	91027   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-11-12-23-41.png
Views:	216
Size:	939.8 KB
ID:	91028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-11-12-16-05.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	91029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-11-12-55-56.png
Views:	203
Size:	661.9 KB
ID:	91030  

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-20-2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:13 PM   #102
unifaerie
Enthusiast
unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unifaerie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kindle4, Nexus 7 Tablet
Unhappy Ynable to connect to WiFi - Nexus 7 tablet

This may not be the right place to post this but thought I would give it a try!

A friend in USA purchased this for my birthday, I live in Canada.

I am unable to connect to my own wi-fi as device just continues to attempt authentication. I have definitely entered correct password. My ASUS laptop and KOBO Vox connect with no problems.

Any help, please

Problem now solved - turned off router for 3 mins and restarted - voila! connected

Last edited by unifaerie; 08-21-2012 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Solved
unifaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #103
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
The standard solution for 90% av all connection problems.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 01:37 AM   #104
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
The standard solution for 90% av all connection problems.
Aint that the truth...
Old 08-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #105
darksaber35
Banned

Nexus 7 gets USB memory storage support thanks to a new app

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...importer&hl=en
VIDEOS
Connecting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnBApLGiljA
V2 Features: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCgvmvzqWAQ

Hi fellow NEXUS owners, i bring great news for i have stumbled apon a App that will unleash the true power of the nexus 7 by providing UNLIMITED STORAGE capacity via USB memory sticks or memory cards .

As the nexus 7 has been a HUGE HIT across the globe since its release and has sold out in both ENGLAND & the USA ,sofware App developers have flocked to the NEXUS 7 and are writing App specicailcy for the Nexus to unlease the huge processoring power and ovall very high specs & usability for a table with such a MODEST price.

For the tiny sum of £1.29 / $1.99 you can have unlimited storage via USB by buying a OTG and installing NEXUS MEDIA IMPORTER which will allow you to stream OR copy files froma USB memory stick OR MEMORY card.

Nexus Media Importer (pice £1.29 /$1.99)
+ USB OTG Cable (£2-£4 / $0.69-$4)

OTG CABLE-UK AMAZON £2 (from china)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aftermarket-...XS/ref=lh_ni_t

Ebay UK (UK supplier ) £3
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OTG-Host-U...item20caa7eef5

USA amazon (from china ) $0.69
http://www.amazon.com/T-Flash-Adapte.../dp/B005FUNYSA

The nexus 7 gives all current dual core tablets a spanking and evan gives tablets like the IPAD 3 and ASUS transformer a serous run for there money.

With App developers writing software aimed directly at the NEXUS 7 things are going to get even better for your NEXUS and google have given the ANDROID tablet market a serous shot of much needed adrenaline to jump start the rest of the manufactures to produce good quality reasonably priced tablets instead of over priced tablets that few people can afford or need.

Description
Nexus Media Importer allows you to import and stream music, video, photos and documents from a USB flash drive or SD card connected to your Nexus 7, or other Android 3.2+ devices. This is the only non-root solution for devices that do not provide native support for external flash storage. Requires the following hardware:

1) An Android 3.2+ device. Examples include Google Nexus devices or the Motorola Xoom.
2) A USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable. Cost approximately $1 USD on Amazon), see screenshots for examples.
3) A USB Flash Drive or USB SD Card Reader and SD Card, see screenshots for examples.
To use:
-If you are using an SD card reader, put the card in the reader first.
-Attach the OTG cable to the Nexus or other device.
-Attach your USB device to the OTG cable.
-The application will launch automatically.
-Select the file. The selected file's path appears in the preview window (currently only photos show preview).
-Click the play icon to stream or the save (disk) icon
-If save is successful, you can click the download notification to view it or see it in the Downloads app.

Technical Notes:

-DOES NOT REQUIRE ROOT!
-The USB drive/flash card must be formatted as FAT16 or FAT32 (not NTFS or extX). FAT is the most common formats for SD and USB Drives.
-Read Only. You can not write to the attached device, only copy to the Android device.
-This a media streamer and file copy utility. It requires third party software to view multimedia content and read documents. Many formats are supported directly by Android, but other are not. In particular, "MKV", "AVI" and most doc. types require additional software. There are many excellent free and paid apps. in the Play market. For example: http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...spandroid.free

Please try the free "Nexus Photo Viewer" first. It could save me a bad review and you some cash! If you have any questions or issues, please contact me by clicking "Email Developer". I will do my best resolve your issue.
http://play.google.com/store/apps/de...exususb.viewer
Coming Soon:
+Web server running icon
+File manager / folder view
INTERNET permission - This permission is required by Android to start the web server to stream video, etc. The server does not require WiFi or 3G connectivity to run, so it will work in airplane mode. The server is only accessible to the local device and cannot be seen on the internet or 3G network.
http://www.amazon.com/T-Flash-Adapte.../dp/B005FUNYSA
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_0060.JPG
Views:	165
Size:	397.2 KB
ID:	91581   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0061.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	91582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-30-18-57-16.png
Views:	163
Size:	882.7 KB
ID:	91583   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-31-12-11-07.png
Views:	186
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	91584   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-30-18-51-59.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	91589  

Last edited by darksaber35; 08-31-2012 at 11:29 AM.