Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #1906
FaF
FaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheeseFaF can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@FaF: Did you export your collections from CM beforehand?
Ah, right. It begins to make sense!

I was following instructions from this web site : http://www.howtogeek.com/169088/how-...e-collections/ and it missed that part out.

I have now done it and it's working fine, d'uh!

Thanks again for your help.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #1907
artur251
artur251 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
What about my issue:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2621001&postcount=1899
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #1908
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@artur251:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Check the 'Sending books to device' path template in the settings to tweak this.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:58 PM   #1909
artur251

My path is standard : {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

I suspect that my problem is different (previously did not make myself sufficiently accurately).
One more time:
I use plugin : Kindle Collection 1.7.11, but my books regardless of the collection in Calibre, Calibre sends to the device "without collection".
All books are visible in the main "folder" ("without collection")
Why ?

Last edited by artur251; 09-17-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #1910
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@artur251:

/me thinks you're confused. What do you mean, exactly, by 'root of the device'?
Advert
Old 09-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #1911
artur251

I suspect that my problem is different (previously did not make myself sufficiently accurately).
One more time:
I use plugin : Kindle Collection 1.7.11, but my books regardless of the collection in Calibre, Calibre sends to the device "without collection".
All books are visible in the main "folder" ("without collection") <- in 'root of the device'
Why ?
Old 09-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #1912
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@artur251: Because that's how it's supposed to happen?

* Calibre itself sends your book, period, no matter if this plugin is installed or not.
* To actually interact with collections, you have to use the plugin itself, see the first post of this thread.
Old 09-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #1913
artur251

I use plugin <Kindle Collection 1.7.11>. The plugin is configured correctly (correctly gets a collection of of books assigned a "hand" in Kindle: so communication Kindle-> Calibre is OK). The problem is if I send book "with collection" from Calibre to Kindle. It's sent to the Kindle without collection (so, communication Calibre-> Kindle does not work properly).
Old 09-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #1914
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@artur251: because that's not how it works. You seend your books, *then*, you send your collections via the plugin's toolbar icon ("Create collections on the Kindle from Calibre").
Old 09-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #1915
artur251

I have installed and configured plugin as http://swiatczytnikow.pl/kindle-coll...omocy-calibre/ So I have used "Create collections on Kindle from calibre", restart Kindle etc.
Plugin correctly gets a collection of books assigned a "hand" in Kindle (communication : Kindle->Calibre is OK).
Books with collection assigned in Calibre after sending to Kindle in Kindle are "without collection" (communication : Calibre->Kindle is INVALID).

Last edited by artur251; 09-22-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #1916
shawnbbb
shawnbbb began at the beginning.

Cailbre Collection Manger not syncing books to Kindle

it's a regular Kindle-no touchscreen or keyboard.
here is a pic http://postimg.org/image/bbwny97ch/
there are 10 empty collections on the kindle. it wouldn't import them to calibre, and calibre would not make collections from books in library. any help please?
Old 09-23-2013, 12:44 AM   #1917
Thalia Helikon
Enthusiast
Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.Thalia Helikon figured out that Keyser Söze was the Kevin Spacey character in less than 20 minutes.

Device: Kindle n-T, Nook Color Tablet, Nexus 6
Question multiple libraries with Kindle Collections

I have four libraries managed with Calibre. When I send books to the Kindle, I make collections on the Kindle by Series or by Universe. I have noticed that "Add collections to Kindle from Calibre" only builds collections from the current active library.

Do I need to go through the Device reboot process for each library?

For example-- add Mysteries to device. Add collections to Kindle from Calibre, eject and boot device.

Re-insert device, add Fantasies to device. Add collections, eject and boot device.
Old 09-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #1918
shawnbbb
shawnbbb began at the beginning.

yes, i am referring to the Kindles Collection Plugin. Please move the thread.

update: i solved the problem by looking here
http://rjnorwich.wordpress.com/2011/...using-calibre/

"Hook up your Kindle to the computer and start calibre. From the Kindle Collections toolbar button in calibre choose “Customize Collections..” Look for “Tags” in the Calibre Source column of the popup and set the “Action” drop-down to “Create”. In that same row scroll over to the right to the “Include Names matching these patterns” column and type in your match text (“fiction”, in your example). Click the OK button to close the popup. Then back to the Kindle Collections toolbar only this time choose “Create Collections on the Kindle”. That should do the trick."

the only thing is that it wouldn't show in the new colume i created
Old 09-23-2013, 04:50 AM   #1919
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbbb View Post
yes, i am referring to the Kindles Collection Plugin. Please move the thread.

update: i solved the problem by looking here
http://rjnorwich.wordpress.com/2011/...using-calibre/
I'm glad you found a solution and decided to share it with everyone.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #1920
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Thalia Helikon: Yes. No idea if/how multiple libraries should/could be handled, sorry.

@shawnbbb: Read the first post again, you're confusing importing & exporting .
Closed Thread