Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 05-31-2009, 10:39 PM   #1
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Youtube video comparing 4 different ebook readers

An interesting comparison video is on Youtube today.

Its a short demonstration of the HanLin V3, Cybook Gen3, iLiad Book Edition and DR1000S.

(With thanks to 'Mars Girl' author Jeff Garrity).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHuguElJdwQ

Edit: we have 2 videos now. Please see:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DAInfoServ

Last edited by cbell; 08-13-2009 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Added 2nd video
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:59 AM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Very interesting vid.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Thank you! We had fun making it!
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #4
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quetion: what book format was used? The same on all, one hopes. Don't think it was the same file, though. Which makes it harder to judge relative merit.
By the observed performance of the non-iRex devices I would guess it was a pdf file rather than an actual ebook. Would that be accurate?

Last edited by fjtorres; 06-01-2009 at 08:39 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Quetion: what book format was used? The same on all, one hopes. Don't think it was the same file, though. Which makes it harder to judge relative merit.
By the observed performance of the non-iRex devices I would guess it was a pdf file rather than an actual ebook. Would that be accurate?
Good question.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:18 AM   #6
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thank you for this very interesting video ! i'm going to stick this thread to make it easier to find ; i think it will be really helpful for people to see the comparison when they're trying to make their choice.

(over, your bug is driving me crazy ! i keep wanting to brush it off my screen !!!)
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:16 PM   #7
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Loved the vid, I like how you showed the same things whenever possible (the menu, changing font-size, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
(over, your bug is driving me crazy ! i keep wanting to brush it off my screen !!!)
Good, I'm not the only one then!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:27 PM   #8
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I knew I had something that drives women crazy. :P
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #9
cbell
Frenetic

We used the Mobipocket version of 'Mars Girl' on the HanLin and Cybook (the author, Jeff Garrity, has his own thread here and gave us permission).
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29061

We used a PDF I created on the iLiad to show the zoom and annotation-ability and then the Mobi '20,000 Leagues Under the Sea' (pre-loaded classic on the Book edition). We used a newspaper on the DR1000S to show the PressReader application.

Over, the bug and the walker arghhh
Old 06-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #10
ChipnDale
Rescue Rangers
ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChipnDale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
I knew I had something that drives women crazy. :P
Sreiously though, bugs scare me...
ChipnDale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:33 PM   #11
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
This is like one of those Car review videos
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 06:13 AM   #12
cbell
Frenetic

kevindorsey, I have no idea what you mean, but thank you (I think)!
Old 06-12-2009, 11:24 PM   #13
DrBen
Landed Gentry
DrBen began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro - Maroon
That was helpful.
thanks.
DrBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #14
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I'm more than decided but a friend found it quite helpful. Now I need to make him change his mind. A well made video nevertheless!
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #15
cbell
Frenetic

Thank you, DrBen and pboss. We're making another ebook reader video today and we'll upload it when it's ready.

Tags
cybook, dr1000s, hanlin, iliad, youtube