Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: MRBC: December08 book vote - Please vote for TWO only.
The Time Machine - H. G. Wells 16 31.37%
Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte 6 11.76%
A Tale of Two Cities - Charles Dickens 9 17.65%
Three Men In A Boat - Jerome K Jerome 14 27.45%
Augustus Carp Esquire, by Himself: Being the Autobiography of a Really Good Man - Sir Henry Howarth Bashford 5 9.80%
The Hound of the Baskervilles - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle 17 33.33%
The Man Who Was Thursday - G. K. Chesterton 10 19.61%
The Great Gatsby - F. Scott Fitzgerald 12 23.53%
Dracula - Bram Stoker 7 13.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
December '08 Vote

Please vote for TWO selections only. There is no technical way to enforce this so it is on your honor.

Abstracts can be found in the nomination thread in post 1.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32092

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-20-2008 at 10:51 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The pole is supposed to close on 11/23 but I didn't know if I put 3 days if it would close on that day or end of that day. So, I set the poll to run 4 days.

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 11-21-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:56 PM   #3
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

I think there is a bug in the poll software. Two books each have two votes. But, they each show 100%... weird... shouldn't they each show 50%?

BOb
Old 11-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Oh... I get it now. Because it is multi selection it is the percentage of people that voted which voted for that specific book. Not the percentage of votes against the total. I guess the one with the most votes will still have the highest percentage.

BOb
Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 PM   #5
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
A lot of good selections. Some I have read and some that are already on my reader waiting.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:04 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Wasn't the vote supposed to be for 10 books? What happened to "The Count of Monte Cristo"?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Wasn't the vote supposed to be for 10 books? What happened to "The Count of Monte Cristo"?
Up to ten. I didn't think Count got three nominations... if it did... my apologies.

BOb
Old 11-21-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm pretty sure it did - look at the end of the "nominations" thread!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm pretty sure it did - look at the end of the "nominations" thread!
Sorry... feel free to add it to the poll.

BOb
Old 11-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Unfortunately if one does that, there's no way to allow people who've already voted to re-vote.

May I suggest that we leave this as it is for this month, and give the good Count an automatic entry into the next "Books at MR" month?
Old 11-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Unfortunately if one does that, there's no way to allow people who've already voted to re-vote.

May I suggest that we leave this as it is for this month, and give the good Count an automatic entry into the next "Books at MR" month?
Works for me.

And of course people are free to read any and all of these books on their own. I have pretty much added the whole list to my "to read" list. And the price on all of them is very good.

BOb
Old 11-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #12
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
PilotBob, I suggested Gaston Leroux's "Phantom of the Opera". Didn't anyone see it?
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #13
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
PilotBob, I suggested Gaston Leroux's "Phantom of the Opera". Didn't anyone see it?
No.

I did a search for all messages by you and it did find the suggestion in the November Book selection thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=95

Sorry... I had started another thread for the December book nominations. I guess you didn't see it?

BOb
Old 11-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #14
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
I didn't.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:44 PM   #15
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
Did the Wodehouse get nixed for copyright reasons? There were certainly more than four nominations/seconds...

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote