Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #1876
sirca
sirca began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by allowingtoo View Post

I get the "font missing file" (short version of the error message) when I try to open the plug in.

Yes I have restarted my Kindle many many times (and Calibre)

I am just trying to use something simple like:

arial-Regular.ttf

or

Helvetica-Regular.ttf

and no matter which one I try, it says "at least one custom font is missing a file" although I show all four of them when that opens. Does it just not like my arial or Helvetica for my Kindle?
Me too, with some fonts the plugin said "font missing file" when I run.
I want my dear Verdana, but I can´t

I tried with the four files:

Verdana-Regular.ttf
Verdana-Italic.ttf
Verdana-Bold.ttf
Verdana-BoldItalic.ttf

Like I do with another fonts, but with Verdana it´s imposible...

Last edited by sirca; 07-28-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: I forgot to say that my Kindle it's a Kindle Keyboard, with 3.4 firmware and without any jailbreak
Old 08-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #1877
tterrellbanks
tterrellbanks began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura; Kindle Paperwhite 1
Confused about Collections

Hi All,

I'm a bit confused. I have a Kindle Paperwhite. The lead in post about the Kindle Collections plugin doesn't address if the plugin works with the Paperwhite (at least I couldn't find it.) Do they work together? I couldn't get them to do so.

Do I need to jailbreak? If so pointers to a relevant thread would be appreciated.

Thanks,
TBanks
Old 08-15-2013, 11:52 AM   #1878
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@tterrellbanks: Yes, your PW needs to be jailbroken.

Cf. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186305 & https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1760
Old 08-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #1879
tterrellbanks

Well, I'm still confused and without success.
Here's what I've done so far:

Downgrade to 5.3.5 using "update_kindle_5.3.5.bin"

Jailbreak using "jailbreak.sh" and "MOBI8_DEBUG" and "jailbreak.mobi"

Upgrade to 5.3.6 using "update_kindle_5.3.6.bin

install rescue pack using "update_rescue_pack.bin"

install Kindlets using "update_kindlet-jailbreak-20121029_install.bin"

install developer certs using "update_combined-dev-certs-20121002_install.bin"

I have about 40 books on the Paperwhite that are in collections in Calibre. The report when I run 'Create collections on the Kindle from Calibre' looks like this:

calibre, version 0.9.43
Kindle Collections: <P>Collections saved to the Kindle.<P>
4 collections, 42 books found on the Kindle.<P><P><B>Eject and <U>Restart</U> the Kindle to load your changes.<B><P><INDENT>To Restart: press the Home key, then press Menu, select Settings, then press Menu again and select Restart.</INDENT><P>

=== Kindle Collections Report

Collections saved to the Kindle:

Collection Managed By Books Change
---------- ---------- ----- ------
Ellis Peters Calibre 29 Replaced (from column K-Collect)
EPETERS Calibre 3 Replaced (from column K-Collect)
Finished Reading Calibre 3 Replaced (from column K-Collect)
Unknown Kindle 1 None (preserve Kindle-only is True)

No collections selected to delete from the Kindle.

=== Settings:
. . .

After restarting the Kindle, I still have no collections. What am I not understanding?

Cheers,
Terry
Old 08-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #1880
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@tterrellbanks: You're not using Collections Manager .

You're also possibly not using my tweaked plugin (or you haven't reconfigured it), since the log you quoted asked you to restart your device, which is just plain wrong on the K5 .
Old 08-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #1881
tterrellbanks

BINGO!!

I knew I was doing something dumb! I had to get the tweaked plugin and then after I finally figured out about clicking the 'Menu' icon all was golden.

Thanks for your help and especially for the plugin.
Old 08-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #1882
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@tterrellbanks: Well, meme & ixtab deserves your thanks, I mostly flailed around a bit to get the two things to play nicer together .
Old 09-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #1883
Hygea
Hygea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 5
Hey guys, So I recently got a kindle and started to fiddle with calibre to get my books in order. But now I'm kinda stuck... The creation of collection works fine, but even tho the books are edited so they have series order they just wont sort the way I want on the kindle. So my quesiton is, is there any way to make my kindle recognize that book nr 1 in a specific series should be displayed top first and then the second etc.. or is this a lost cause?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:12 PM   #1884
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I've read earlier in this thread about the Paperwhite requiring a jailbrake to get it to work with the Collections plug-in. Will this be true of the version 2 of the paperwhite which is coming out soon?

Does jailbraking the paperwhite void the warranty?
Old 09-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #1885
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post
I've read earlier in this thread about the Paperwhite requiring a jailbrake to get it to work with the Collections plug-in. Will this be true of the version 2 of the paperwhite which is coming out soon?

If you factory reset you will remove all evidence of jailbreaking and hacks, so I don't see how it would void the warranty, unless it got hosed up and couldn't be factory reset.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #1886
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jangell2 View Post

booklover6 has a good point about factory reset, but one other thing to consider is that if your Kindle connects to a network with Internet Access (WiFi or Wireless), it will communicate with the Amazon site. It may detect the jailbreak and notify Amazon.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #1887
edwdecarlo
Enthusiast
edwdecarlo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX,Nexus 10,Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hygea View Post
Hey guys, So I recently got a kindle and started to fiddle with calibre to get my books in order. But now I'm kinda stuck... The creation of collection works fine, but even tho the books are edited so they have series order they just wont sort the way I want on the kindle. So my quesiton is, is there any way to make my kindle recognize that book nr 1 in a specific series should be displayed top first and then the second etc.. or is this a lost cause?
The issue is that Kindle does a terrible job handling series/collection orders, in that they have no handling at all.

Here is a my posting on how I overcome this. It is not perfect, but it works considering the limitations: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1614

Also, here is one to help explain Kindle sorting: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1830

This assumes you have a Kindle that supports the Kindle Collections plug-in.

Note: In my posting, I have a Custom Column script to find and include series information in the title sent to the Kindle. You can re-arrange the order how the title is built to put the Order number in front.

I hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:43 PM   #1888
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
If you factory reset you will remove all evidence of jailbreaking and hacks, so I don't see how it would void the warranty, unless it got hosed up and couldn't be factory reset.
Thanks for the answers. I'm still wondering if the OS on the new Kindle is expected to be different at all requiring changes to the plug-in? Maybe that's a question that can't be answered until it's in the hands of users.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #1889
shauntih
shauntih began at the beginning.

Customize Collection based on a second column?

I've got my collections mostly set up using series, and the titles in the collections have the series number so they are in the proper order. What I'd like to do is have my auto-generated collection names appended with a value based on if I've read the series or not. Currently, the collection is created by using the series column with a ~ preceding the name. I have a custom yes/no column called "Read". I'd like to append a -R if the titles in the series have Yes in the "Read" column. Does anyone have any ideas about how to do this? I could create another column called "Series Read", but I still don't know how to append the value of a column to the collection name, or even know if it is possible.
Old 09-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #1890
zelo
zelo began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Kindle Collections plug in do not see books on the device

Hi guys!
I started to use the plug in, and it worked fine - creating new collections, even in Russian, adding existing books on the device - everything was fine.
But now, for some reason, when running the plug in, the books on the device do not appear in the list of the books, so the only way to add them to collections is manually, using the device and not PC, which is a huge work, especially if I add about more than 100 books.
Jailbreak was installed, and "reset factory defaults" after that was applied.

I'd very appreciate any help!
Thanks!
Closed Thread