Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:51 PM   #1786
crackshot91
Enthusiast
crackshot91 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 3G
Aw man, NiLuJe... Thank you. Such a simple idea, but I couldn't figure it out. But you did it!

I made a custom column built from other columns, with the template: {#content}

I named this column "content2", and simply made another group collection for the everyone/teen stories using "content2" as the source column, so now I have a collection called "Fanfiction" for those and a collection called "Fanfiction(+)" for the mature/explicit stuff.

I wanted to name the mature collection just "Fanfiction+", but for some reason, the plugin wouldn't auto-create that collection. I added the parenthesis around the plus symbol and now all is well. 400 stories sorted automagically.

Thank you lots!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #1787
barsoforion
barsoforion began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Collection Excluding Other Collections

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't seem to find it in the thread. Is there a way to create a collection containing all of the books that aren't in another collection? For example, I have a collection that I manage on my kindle called "Read" and I want to create a collection called "Unread" managed through Calibre that contains all of the books that aren't in the "Read" collection after importing collections without having to manually update Calibre with each book that I've read. Is this possible?

ETA: (Just in case anyone else was curious/would find this helpful) I managed to figure out a workaround (although it's kind of a pain if you have tons of collections - I'm sure there's an easier way, but I couldn't figure it out). I made a custom column, then populated it with my kindle collections with an added prefix (so that it didn't change the original collection on the kindle when creating collections). I then used that column to create the collection, entering the collection names (with prefix) that I wanted to manually edit into the ignore box on collection manager, and used the prefix in rename this pattern to change books that weren't in the ignore box to a single name for a collection.

The custom column template
Spoiler:
prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(0,1,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(1,2,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(2,3,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(3,4,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(4,5,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(5,6,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(6,7,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(7,8,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(8,9,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(9,10,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(10,11,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(11,12,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(12,13,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(13,14,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(14,15,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(15,16,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(16,17,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(17,18,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(18,19,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(19,20,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(20,21,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(21,22,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(22,23,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(23,24,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(24,25,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(25,26,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(26,27,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(27,28,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(28,29,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(29,30,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(30,31,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(31,32,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(32,33,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(33,34,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(34,35,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(35,36,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(36,37,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(37,38,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(38,39,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(39,40,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(40,21,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(41,42,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(42,43,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(43,44,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(44,45,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(45,46,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(46,47,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(47,48,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(48,49,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(49,50,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(50,51,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(51,52,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(52,53,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(53,54,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(54,55,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(55,56,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(56,57,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(57,58,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(58,59,\,)}, prefix{#kindlecollections:sublist(59,60,\,)},

Collection Settings
Spoiler:
Ignore Names Matching These Patterns: .*__~:Temporary.*,.*_~!Read.*,.*!Notes and Lists.*,.*!Reference Books and Articles.*,.*!Comics.*,.*_&!Stories.*,.*&!Cooking and Health.*

Rename These Patterns: ^prefix.*

To These Patterns: Needs Read

Split On Character: NONE

Last edited by barsoforion; 11-13-2012 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Solution! (fix of solution because I fail)
Old 11-10-2012, 11:11 AM   #1788
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
I'd like to user genres for collections, plus have a collection for any series where I have more than one book from that series on my Kindle. Is this possible?
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 PM   #1789
barsoforion
barsoforion began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Butler View Post
I'd like to user genres for collections, plus have a collection for any series where I have more than one book from that series on my Kindle. Is this possible?
Yup, you can. First, make sure that you back up your collections (just in case; that way if you don't like the new collections, it's easy to go back to what you had before - it was handy when I forgot to change the number of books required for authors and wound up with over 300 new collections). Connect your kindle. The Kindle Collections icon should show up. Click on the drop down arrow, then click on "Customize Collections to create from calibre." Find "genre" under calibre sources. Change the action to "create." If there are any genres you don't want added as collections, add them to "Ignore names matching these patterns separated with a comma, then put a comma in "split on character." If you want to only create collections for genres with X number of books or more, put that number in the "Minimum" column. Then do the same for the "Series" column, making sure to put "2" into the "Minimum" column so that it only creates collections for series with 2 or more books. You may want to make sure that "Preserve existing Kindle-only collections" is checked, especially if you already have a system of collections on the Kindle that you like. Click "OK" then go back to the drop down arrow and click on "Preview collections from calibre without saving" and make sure that the collections you want are there, and that collections that you don't want aren't there. Change the previous settings as needed until you're happy with what's being created. Then click the arrow and select "Create collections from calibre" and wait until it finishes. Make sure that you close the book you were reading so that it doesn't mess up the order of most recent. Then restart your kindle and wait. You may need to turn on wireless or manually set the time for it to be accurate. The collections should appear, and have the books in them.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:21 PM   #1790
Bob Butler
Connoisseur
Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Bob Butler can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kindle, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoforion View Post
Yup, you can.
Thanks! I really don't know how I missed that, I've tweaked the ignore field but I somehow missed the minimum option.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #1791
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

UTF8 Error, need help

Hi,

I finally decided that I need calibre managed collections on my Kindle 3 and installed the plugin. On first use I ran into the same problem as vallema before in this posting:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...de#post1955048

upon the attempt to read-in the Kindle collections for manual use (to start with). I get this:

Spoiler:

calibre, version 0.9.6
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>UnicodeDecodeError</b>:'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 63-64: invalid continuation byte

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.ui", line 165, in edit_kindle_collections
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 75, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 92, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 112, in init_sort_order
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_edit_co llections", line 307, in get_sorted_paths
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_boo ks", line 523, in get_sorted_paths
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 66, in sort_names
File "calibre_plugins.kindle_collections.kindle_sor t", line 139, in sort_compare_kindle_names
UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode bytes in position 63-64: invalid continuation byte

However, I do not see any strange characters in the names of the 32 collections I have on the Kindle.

Meme was suggesting to him at that time to run in debug-mode to figure out what book is causing the problem. I do not find any such problem in the output file of the debug mode (only possibly problematic lines out of 12,000)

Spoiler:

2012/11/11 13:43:06 BEGIN KindleBooks, 2060 pathnames
2012/11/11 13:43:06 Reading file: F:\kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre
2012/11/11 13:43:06 Unexpected error, unable to read file: F:\kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre
2012/11/11 13:43:06 Cache file does not exist
End reading book information from Kindle
2012/11/11 13:44:28 Trying to save path cache file: F:\kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre
2012/11/11 13:44:29 Unable to save path cache file: F:\kindle_collections_path_cache.calibre
2012/11/11 13:44:29 Checking for internal books

How can I find which (of the almost 2000) books is the culprit?

Thanxx for an help,

Mixx
Old 11-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #1792
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Mixx: We're probably gonna need the whole debug log (save it, compress it and attach it here) . (And do trigger the error by using the 'View' option while you're running Calibre in debug).
Old 11-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #1793
YukonTrooper
YukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueYukonTrooper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Kindle 3G
Does anyone here use SendtoReader? The files sent to my Kindle using SendtoReader seem impervious to the alt font. Books are fine. Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 PM   #1794
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Mixx (and others who might be encountering the same kind of issues):

I just updated my tweaked version with a few changes that should (hopefully) help with this kind of issue.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #1795
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Thanks a million, NiLuJe, the tweaked version seems to have solved my problem! Thank you!!

Now that I am trying to put the plugin to good use, I have a how-to question.
I'd like to create collections based on the "languages" meta-data item. I do not have a tag for it, as tags became superfluous for this purpose after the introduction of the "languages" category/identifier/... (what is it called properly?).

How can I do that?

Thanxx, Mixx
Old 11-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #1796
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Mixx: I just updated my tweaked version to support the language (& rating) default columns .

[And bumped the minimum required Calibre version to 0.9.6, because I'm too lazy to dig out the changelog to figure out when this was implemented ^^]
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #1797
Mixx
Zealot

Wow, that was fast! Thanks, man!

Cheers, Mixx
Old 11-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #1798
allowingtoo
Bibliophile
allowingtoo began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon
Changing font for my Kindle 3

Well, I'm not about to boink another Kindle 3 by trying to jailbreak it but I've really really tried to get this plugin to work to change my Font. I love the way it changed my margins! Thank you. However, I have tried ALL DAY to get it to accept my font and have failed.

I get the "font missing file" (short version of the error message) when I try to open the plug in.

Yes I have restarted my Kindle many many times (and Calibre)

I am just trying to use something simple like:

arial-Regular.ttf

or

Helvetica-Regular.ttf

and no matter which one I try, it says "at least one custom font is missing a file" although I show all four of them when that opens. Does it just not like my arial or Helvetica for my Kindle?

I've tried to search through and read as many pages as I can but have not read all 120 pages. Are my spaces right? I copied and pasted what I have.
Old 12-01-2012, 03:48 PM   #1799
brazma
brazma began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Migration to new PC

Hi!
just migrated to new PC, installed calibre, kindle collection - the question is: how to get all my previous collection settings/tags/etc from my old PC. Which files should I copy?

Ideal - to have my previous state (on old PC) with kindle collections! Thank a lot!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #1800
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
I believe you would need to copy the calibre configuration directory; use the 'FORUM' advance search for "calibre configuration directory" and specify 'author' kovidgoyal.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 12-02-2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: spelling...
Closed Thread