Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2007, 05:59 PM   #16
NormB
Definately Senior
NormB began at the beginning.

Device: eBookman,Dell Axim,PRS-500
I thought they had gone to $150 refund because they were discontinuing the $50 book offer. But then they came back and said I was eligible for the $50 Book promotion also. I graciously accepted it... Norm
NormB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #17
rsuryase
Enthusiast
rsuryase began at the beginning.

I've just got my SONY card. Now do I have to purchase something from SONY to get the $100 credit or can I purchase anything?
rsuryase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2007, 04:07 PM   #18
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-500 /prs 650 soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsuryase
I've just got my SONY card. Now do I have to purchase something from SONY to get the $100 credit or can I purchase anything?
You can purchase anything. My first purchase I bought my DH a new all in one HP printer..
Aprilbeginnings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 06:41 PM   #19
NormB
Definately Senior

The SonyCard is a VISA card issued by Chase and is a normal credit card with the exception that it accumulates award points towards purchases from Sony outlets. It appears that each Sony reward point is worth $.01 in Sony merchandise. At least the Sony reader costs about 35000 points. I have not found where these reward points can be used for book purchases on Sony Connect. Sony appears to have Ebook reward points, useable only on the Connect site. Is that your understanding Karen?

I applied for the SonyCard to get the refund on the Reader. I am now faced with the decision of cancelling it or one of my other cards. My Costco American Express pays 2% vs the 1% for the SonyCard. If the SonyCard rewards are only available to purchase Sony products a full retail equivalent price, like for the Reader, it seems that the AMEX card has the advantage.
Old 02-13-2007, 06:48 PM   #20
Aprilbeginnings
Guru
Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Aprilbeginnings has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I guess there is some misunderstanding here. Once you use the card no matter what you get, after your first billing they will give you a $100 credit to your account. As far as points go, Sony Merchandise gives you double the points where if you purchase normal stuff, no matter where you use it, you get one point. AS far as double points for the connect store and books that is a good question. I would ASSUME since that is Sony or part of them that it would be double but don't put that in stone.

I bought a vacuum, I paid off vacuum.... I then signed up online to see my account because I was curious about the $100 and was wondering how long it would be that I had to wait and they had gave me my $100 credit to my account...... if my account was a zero balance sony would have to owe me $100 and a $100 shopping spree would be on me. They were good about the credit and from what i understand here with everyone else, they had no problems receiving theirs either.

Don't get the Credit mixed up with accumulation of points, twp different things.
Advert
Old 02-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #21
NormB
Definately Senior

Sorry if I confused the issue. Yes the credit comes on the first billing cycle for the card (In my case $150). What I was discussing was the value of keeping the card after using up the initial credit recieved for openning the card. My first purchase was the reader itself. Then I used the card for a few more purchases. After paying the first monthly invoice, which included the credit, my balance is now zero. I just have to make up my mind if I want to carry the Sony card in my wallet. Has anyone cancelled their SonyCard after clearing the credit?
Old 02-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #22
Aprilbeginnings
Guru

Oh, LOL........ well so far I am keeping it..... I keep the balance at zero anyways so no hurt in keeping it. I will use it to see what I can accumulate if anything and if there is anything I could purchase with my points. I don't think it can hurt to just keep it around. I don't believe their was a yearly fee or anything. Guess it's just what you want to do. No I didn't cancel mine.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:21 PM   #23
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I generally like to keep at least 2 credit card accounts active, in case something hinky goes on with one of them (like their server goes down), theoretically it's better if they're not both the same type (i.e. Visa, AMEX, Discover, etc.) That being said, I like to keep very few active cards, so that I have an easier time not losing track of the rascals.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 04:31 PM   #24
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Personally, I would be very interested in hearing someone's account of cancelling the card after having the credit applied.
Cannot believe that either company, SONY or Chase, would be so foolish to not include a proviso as to a minimal membership timeframe.

Otherwise, anyone smart enough to read this forum can snap up a Reader for around $200. Not that I would have a problem with that. ;-
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote