Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 03:48 AM   #1
esenart
esenart began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Problems with formats in Sony Reader

Hi,
I just got a sony reader last week, the 505 version. I dont know if it makes a difference but I am in the UK. Until last year I lived in the US and I am still a member of the libraray there, so i downloaded some ebooks from their website. The one that are in PDF are fine, however I cant get the epub ones to work. When i download them they all automatically go into adobe digital editions, i cant get them to go into elibrary, dont know if that makes a difference, but when i sync my reader, the titles of the Epub books are there but it wont allow me to read them, theres a circle with a line through it and it says something like not authorised (sorry i cant remember the exact wording as i dont have it with me. Any ideas?
esenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:51 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You have to authorise your Sony Reader using the Windows version of ADE. That's a one-time process, after which you'll be able to read your books.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 04:36 AM   #3
esenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You have to authorise your Sony Reader using the Windows version of ADE. That's a one-time process, after which you'll be able to read your books.
how do i do that? I know when i first downloaded ADE it wouldnt work at all and i downloaded some things so i think i might have already done that...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
esenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by esenart View Post
how do i do that? I know when i first downloaded ADE it wouldnt work at all and i downloaded some things so i think i might have already done that...
i also forgot to say, the books are all in adobe digital editions, and i can read them fine from my laptop, its just when i move them to the reader i cant see them
Old 07-16-2009, 10:20 AM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
There's been quite a few people who have posted that they can't get both PDF and ePub files to work on their reader at the same time. If they delete the PDF files the ePub files will work and vice versa. Maybe that's what you're running into?

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert