Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #1
AppleMona
AppleMona began at the beginning.

Device: none
New Kindler

Just wanted to ask a couple of questions and introduce myself. I have a Kindle and am enjoying it. Can I only purchase books from Amazon for my Kindle??? What are my other resources?
Where do I find the best prices?
Okay 3 questions.
Thanks,
Mona
AppleMona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #2
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleMona View Post
Just wanted to ask a couple of questions and introduce myself. I have a Kindle and am enjoying it. Can I only purchase books from Amazon for my Kindle??? What are my other resources?
Where do I find the best prices?
Okay 3 questions.
Thanks,
Mona
No, there are other stores where you can purchase books. However, I have found generally that Amazon often has the best prices for books.

You can read anything in the *.prc format or *.mobi format .... just do a search for Kindle and store here and you'll likely come up with a ton of hits.

Further, there are a LOT of books available here for free. Lots of great stuff ... all you have to do is download it (and swear undying loyalty to the wonderful people who post it for us).

You made a good purchase and I'm glad you are enjoying it.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Happy e-reading Mona
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
KindleDude
Connoisseur
KindleDude doesn't litterKindleDude doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Hi, Mona, there are definitely plenty of sites for books for Kindle. If you like science fiction, stop by Baen Books (http://www.baen.com), they have a selection of low-cost and free ebooks. I highly recommend the books posted here--forum members edit them and my experience so far is that they are of a high quality with fewer typos than one often finds in public-domain works. You can load the directory of available books on your Kindle and then download them directly. Manybooks (http://manybooks.net) and Feedbooks (http://feedbooks.com) also have free ebooks for Kindle.
KindleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:32 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Mona and welcome to the Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello and welcome to MobileRead. It's a great place to hang out and discover more than you expected about electronic books.

I also have a Kindle and enjoy it very much. Be sure to check out the terrific books posted here at MobileRead.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote