Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #1
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
FR: Folder device and other devices at the same time

Hi

THis is a feature request. It would be great if the folder device is treated differently than other devices especialy with the wireless devices. The reason is for that I cant connect as wireless device to Calibre if a folder is mounted as a device. Now this is not an issue when I am around my Calibre pc but that is not always the case. So one cant unmount the folder device to connect with another device.

thanks
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can not have 2 devices connected as you discovered.

Begs the question:
Why is a folder device left connected? The folder is a way to export books to devices that do not fit the other models.

If you run Windows (pro), There is a 'Remote Desktop Connection' free app that you could use to remotely control your PC.

VNC is an alternate and work with Linux and is installable on Windows versions that does not support RDC
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2016, 09:22 PM   #3
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You can not have 2 devices connected as you discovered.

Begs the question:
Why is a folder device left connected? The folder is a way to export books to devices that do not fit the other models.

I have multiple devices. That is the way I sync all the folders betrween devices (suing syncthing). I copy from Calibre to folder device and that folder synced across folders. The reason I have it mounted because I constantly fiddle with my library and I like to keep things updated as much as possible.
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 09:59 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
I have multiple devices. That is the way I sync all the folders betrween devices (suing syncthing). I copy from Calibre to folder device and that folder synced across folders. The reason I have it mounted because I constantly fiddle with my library and I like to keep things updated as much as possible.
Sounds like a decent reason... While you are AT the console.
Maybe someone will come up with another way to push Updates that does not use the Folder Device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote