Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-12-2008, 10:25 AM   #1051
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Here things are fair to middling with a touch of in-between.
get thee behind the curtain before someone sees you ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 10:45 AM   #1052
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Napoleon Dynamite thinks that Zelda is flippin' sweet.
what a coincidence, that's what zelda thinks of madam b.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:06 AM   #1053
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Gosh, that's brilliant!

Annoyingly brilliant . Please tell me you worked on it for hours.
Sheesh. I'm off for a bit, Sparrow makes post 1024 and no-one offers congratulations. Where are the geeks when you need them? (Oh, I was travelling, that was right. Don't get me started on proctologists.)

Taylor, put down that binary joke and back away carefully. It might go critical...

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Hah! No, it's definitely true, I was born in 1970 - I just feel old.
Don't say that. Some of us were born before 1970....

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Shhh! She's back. Look busy, or at least innocent.

Cheers,
Marc ([just whistling a tune, dawdling along, tasting the roses...completely innocent])
Is that how you look innocent? Does it work? Bugger! Can't whistle a tune any more that I can carry one (in Zelda's bucket or otherwise).

Given all these avatars, I'm going to have to give serious consideration to telling you about the Collection, MoM and the innoculative powers of MySpace....
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:07 AM   #1054
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Still soggy in Edinburgh

/dawdles off back to Market Abuse Consultation
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:15 AM   #1055
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
Still soggy in Edinburgh

/dawdles off back to Market Abuse Consultation
Tell me about it. Looking at the rain at the moment -- from house as too exhausted from keeping up with the retirees -- I'm on holiday for heaven's sake.

Appropriate art installations in Charlotte Square -- will try and provide photos in a day or two for those of you not in the first UNESCO City of Literature...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #1056
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
Sheesh. I'm off for a bit, Sparrow makes post 1024 and no-one offers congratulations. Where are the geeks when you need them? (Oh, I was travelling, that was right. Don't get me started on proctologists.)

Taylor, put down that binary joke and back away carefully. It might go critical...
well that'll teach you to go off for days and leave us to our own devices : the whole place just goes to hell, doesn't it ? good thing you're back now !

oh, and : nicely done, sparrow !!!

Quote:
Is that how you look innocent? Does it work? Bugger! Can't whistle a tune any more that I can carry one (in Zelda's bucket or otherwise).
not much, it doesn't. i mean just look at that lot : would *you* fall for their act ? i didn't think so. so no regrets, hey ?

Quote:
Given all these avatars, I'm going to have to give serious consideration to telling you about the Collection, MoM and the innoculative powers of MySpace....
i quite like the avatar you're wearing today.

but : myspace ??? vade retro !!! did you know there's a circle of hell reserved just for webdesigners who have been too too evil ? it's called myspace.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #1057
zelda_pinwheel

hey, lazyscot ! if you bump into ian rankin at this festival, say "excuse me".
Old 08-12-2008, 11:25 AM   #1058
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Tell me about it. Looking at the rain at the moment -- from house as too exhausted from keeping up with the retirees -- I'm on holiday for heaven's sake.

Appropriate art installations in Charlotte Square -- will try and provide photos in a day or two for those of you not in the first UNESCO City of Literature...
just watch out for the b****** seagulls.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 12:04 PM   #1059
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
but : myspace ??? vade retro !!! did you know there's a circle of hell reserved just for webdesigners who have been too too evil ? it's called myspace.
You just don't understand what an amazing thing MySpace is. The genius behind, it the elegance of the idea, the fact that it may be the only thing that preserves humanity. The Great Old Ones are furious that it was invented.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:14 PM   #1060
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
You just don't understand what an amazing thing MySpace is. The genius behind, it the elegance of the idea, the fact that it may be the only thing that preserves humanity.
...the terrifyingly non-compliant, chaotic, proprietary code ; the horrifying proliferation of profiles clearly "designed" by color-blind (or possibly completely blind) monkeys on crack ; the way the content is *always* too wide for the window and won't reflow, but why worry, since it's illegible anyway on that background ; the music which assaults your ears with no warning and which may or may not be prohibited by the geneva convention (depending on whose profile you stumble onto...)... i could go on. webdesigner hell, i tell you.
Quote:
The Great Old Ones are furious that it was invented.
how i sympathise.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:49 PM   #1061
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
...the terrifyingly non-compliant, chaotic, proprietary code ; the horrifying proliferation of profiles clearly "designed" by color-blind (or possibly completely blind) monkeys on crack ; the way the content is *always* too wide for the window and won't reflow, but why worry, since it's illegible anyway on that background ; the music which assaults your ears with no warning and which may or may not be prohibited by the geneva convention (depending on whose profile you stumble onto...)... i could go on. webdesigner hell, i tell you.

how i sympathise.
Yeah, I had one of those designing my page here on MR. Boy, those were the days...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 05:46 PM   #1062
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
What is amazing is that so many "serious" businesses have adopted that style of web page for their own use and wonder why other companies do not flock to engage them.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:38 PM   #1063
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Quote:

how i sympathise.
Sure some Myspace pages are bad. But then again you stumble upon something like this:

http://www.myspace.com/jimmbay1
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:31 PM   #1064
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ohkayyyyy .... I've not looked at any myspace pages before. Are you saying this one is good, or bad? It looked dreadful with the yellow type .... until the background finally loaded and made the font readable.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:46 PM   #1065
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
You just don't understand what an amazing thing MySpace is. The genius behind, it the elegance of the idea, the fact that it may be the only thing that preserves humanity. The Great Old Ones are furious that it was invented.
I thought they invented it. Maybe that's why they're angry - it was meant to be a viral soul-eater, and humankind took to it in joy like ducks to chocolate. Success...but not the kind of success the Great Old Ones were hoping for.

I don't click on any MySpace link, ever, because I have yet to come across a single MySpace webpage (including those designed by "professionals" for major bands, for instance), that didn't make me want to reach through the screen to tear out the eyes and corkscrew the ears of those responsible. Well, I don't unless someone like Madame Broshkina links to one...in which case I should know better, but do anyway, and then regret it.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!, fun with avatars, thwack!, unutterable silliness, zelda