Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle 3
Comments not transferring to Kindle 3

i downloaded the metadata per the "edit metadata" tab.

i have "insert metadata as page at start of book" checked under common options.

i converted the book mobi to mobi, and then emailed the new conversion to my K3. the cover shows on the K3, but i cannot find the "comments" anywhere. have tried this with two different books, same result.

any ideas on what may be wrong?

i am running OS 10.7.5.

thanks
tm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the prev page button to go back, Kindle books often open at the start of the book text skipping the preceding material.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
tm3
Groupie
tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.tm3 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

thanks for helping.

books open on the title page, i page back one and that gives me the cover page. hitting the page back again stays on the cover page. paging forward in succession gives the title page, table of contents, and then the text of the book.

i have tried sending both the MOBI and the ORIGINAL_MOBI formats and they are the same.

the books were originally loaded into calibre in ePub format. i converted to MOBI, and then began the add metadata process. should i go back to the original ePub form, add the metadata, then convert to MOBI?

comments are in "normal" setting, should this be HTML?

any other suggestions?

thanks

Last edited by tm3; 10-18-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
tm3
Groupie

i've experimented some more and "comments" just don't work.

shame because it would be such a nice feature to have.