Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #1
wygit
Enthusiast
wygit doesn't litterwygit doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Error causing book deletion?

Calibre 8.5.4 on Windows 7 64-bit.

I have a set of 8 books that use some funny formatting in the chapter lead-in paragraphs, making those paragraphs ridiculously small on the Sony Reader.

My standard formatting is a base font size of 14pt, on 16pt leading.

What I did was to set the Font size key to:
14.0, 14.0, 14.0, 14.0, 15.5, 20.0, 22.0, 24.0

When I selected all 8 books and ran the conversion, I got this:

calibre, version 0.8.54
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
---------------------
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\__init__.py", line 348, in dispatch
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\convert.py", line 207, in book_converted
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1351, in add_format
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 546, in path
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
--------------------------

BUT... as an added bonus, all eight books were gone from the calibre library. The original lit files, the converted epubs, the cover art, even the folders for each book.

Copying the books back from the Reader to Calibre and converting them one at a time worked fine giving me what I was looking for, but I thought this was just a little scary.
wygit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates the book records were gone from the database before the conversion finished. Which means that you deleted them. Presumably you hit the delete key while the books were still selected after scheduling the conversion, and you have the delete confirmation turned off.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #3
wygit
Enthusiast
wygit doesn't litterwygit doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
That's always a possibility with a new laptop and a new keyboard.
Thanks for the info on the error message.

edit: OK, now I can't find where to change that confirmation...

Last edited by wygit; 06-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.
wygit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wygit View Post
edit: OK, now I can't find where to change that confirmation...
Preferences - Behavior - click on the Reset all disabled confirmation dialogs button.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote