Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #151
Mastacheata
Mastacheata began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I think I found a bug:
Open Bookmark Menu, when you have no bookmarks at all, hit Jump to Bookmark. An empty Menu will pop up titled just Menu with no entries.

Here comes the bug: When you hit the x in order to close this menu (might take another hit on the screen) you will get an "Application Error" popup saying "The selected application could not be started. Please try again."

Seen on Kindle Touch 5.1 with the 5.1 differential version and then the fix installed on top.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:07 PM   #152
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Yep, true!
I'll fix it in the next release (thanks 5.1.0 firmware.....)!
And I hope to bring back the landscape mode...

PS I check this crash....it seems to happen even if there are bookmarks...Is it the same for you?

Last edited by silver18; 05-01-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 01:12 PM   #153
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here I am again!
Problem solved....It was weird: it seems like the new firmware doesn't like fixed width in select menus.
I did it in all select menus: only this one crashed...

Anyway, problem solved!
I'll test it and I'll release in a few days.

As regards landscape, looking in the browser it seems like everything is ready to receive the rotation.
So I have to wait till Amazon decides to introduce the WAF rotation.
Sorry about it, university claims its time and the rotation workaround I thought about has 2 problems I can't solve:
- title bar will remain on the right of the screen
- dropdown menus and alert boxes will be displayed rotated by 90°

Finally I need some feedbacks:
- do you want to change the length along with the width (i.e. with the same %)?
- do you prefer to change length and width separately (i.e. different %)?
- do you think changing the length is useless (if so, I'll remove the up and down arrows)?

And again:
- are you comfortable with the double tap timing?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:31 AM   #154
silver18
THE NOOB

Any news?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #155
canopus
canopus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Maybe I just missed some previous post, but...
What happened with the "pinch" zoom option?
Advert
Old 05-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #156
silver18
THE NOOB

That's another present from 5.1.0!!
I'm trying to fix it!
Old 05-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #157
Ghosting
Ghosting began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.0.1
Hello! first post.
I just had to register and pop a thank you message for this ridiculously awesome extension because I nearly returned my touch because I couldn't read mangas as good as the kindle 4 non touch one. Thank god I found this one, took me awhile to actually set it up properly but it is working very well now!

I did actually find a bug, while reading a manga and going to the "reading menu" then "choose folder" I can see duplicate titles not sure if it was fixed though. Picture below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gSNrel.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	86115
(Click to enlarge)

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 05-05-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:22 PM   #158
silver18
THE NOOB

I also found that bug and I fixed it some days ago!!
It will be part of the next release.
Thanks a lot for your feedback!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 11:45 AM   #159
silver18
THE NOOB

Mmmm...I'm testing latest fixes!

While testing, and while waiting for Amazon to bring back the WAF rotation, I'm thinking about using thumbnails of every folder's first image (hopefully the cover of a comic book) to choose which folder open...

Tap on a thumbnail to open corresponding folder...
Would you like it?
Would you prefer to keep both methods (dropdown menu with titles AND thumbnails)?

Last edited by silver18; 05-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 12:29 PM   #160
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
A small request: Can you add the currently viewed folder name to the titlebar?
I just found out how to do this!
Next release will have also folder name and page number in title bar!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #161
silver18
THE NOOB

Third post!!

Rotation is back, I just found out how to do it!!

Big day today!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #162
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, keep up the good work
Quote:
Tap on a thumbnail to open corresponding folder...
Would you like it?
Would you prefer to keep both methods (dropdown menu with titles AND thumbnails)?
I like thumbnail but want to keep the titles too. It will be confusing sometimes without the folder name.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #163
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Would you like it?
Of course, this would be great

Quote:
Title list option could be appropriate for some cases like long lists
Quote:
I just found out how to do this!
Next release will have also folder name and page number in title bar!
Great, thanks
This will help us a lot.

Quote:
Rotation is back, I just found out how to do it!!
Big day today!!!
This is great, too.
Thanks again for your hard work on this app.

Last edited by thomass; 05-07-2012 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #164
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Suggestion

Finally, reading manga on my kindle doable. (I had thought a bigger screen than my old sony would mean easier to read... no such luck. So many, many thanks. My to read pile gets larger by the day...)

Feature request:
  • Empty directories
    I use a nested directory structure with the parent directory being the manga title and the children directories being the individual chapters As your code is written now, it errors out when I choose the "parent" directory and clutters up the folder list.

Right now I see:
    1. Comic Title
    2. Comic Title\1
    3. Comic Title\2

It would be awesome if it would show me only rows #2 and #3. Just an aesthetics thing.
  • CBC support

I save my manga in volumes in calibre using the CBC file format. It's basically a zip file holding CBZ files. Eventually, would it be possible to have the image gallery be able to view those files? That would assume the CBZ file contents are in the proper format, of course.

Thanks for the hard work.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:08 AM   #165
jojowerfer
jojowerfer began at the beginning.

Device: KT 5.1.0
Hi there,

just recently I bought a KT and I am amazed to see such a creative community!
I didn`t manage to put the mentioned application to my kindle just yet, but will try it tomorrow.
Is there any detailed information on how to get the gallery onto the kindle, or where the newest version is - except in this thread? Should there be a entry in the wiki?

I would try to help with these things, as long as my help as a newbie kindle owner and as a mere user is useful.

Greetings and keep up the good work!
Closed Thread