Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 04-22-2011, 12:06 AM   #1
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Dictionary/Thesaurus

I have not found anyway to search for a word on the dictionary loaded with the NC.

Am I missing something on how to do this. It works fine when a word is highlighted.

I realize it will search by internet but that is just a major hassle if you leave wifi off.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 12:18 AM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldberry View Post
I have not found anyway to search for a word on the dictionary loaded with the NC.

Am I missing something on how to do this. It works fine when a word is highlighted.

I realize it will search by internet but that is just a major hassle if you leave wifi off.
Yeah, there's no standalone dictionary you can access. Maybe the future app store will offer one.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 08:42 AM   #3
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
On a NC with CM7 and Moon + Pro, what is the best dictionary to purchase to load for the program? Where is it installed on the sd card?

Thanks.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate2 View Post
On a NC with CM7 and Moon + Pro, what is the best dictionary to purchase to load for the program? Where is it installed on the sd card?

Thanks.
Moon + uses ColorDict and/or Fora. These are free in the Market. I'm using ColorDict 3. When you select a word for dictionary lookup (Dict.) in Moon + there's an option to Customize dictionary preference at the bottom of that popup menu.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 AM   #5
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
Thanks for the info. The dictionary is a far cry from what comes with the Sony Readers.

Let's hope the programmers come with a fix to allow Moon+ Pro to read a purchased dictionary.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert