Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Ben0
Retired Field Engineer
Ben0 is on a distinguished road

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro, Ectaco JBL
Changes to SD file/folders require reset

I changed the file/folder structure of my JBL SD card and the unit was not showing the changes, even in the file manager, so I did a reset using a pop rivet in the reset hole on the back, and upon finishing the reboot I could see all the changes I had made. This seems unnecessarily complicated, and perhaps could be revisited in the next firmware update?
Ben0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
I notice that my Libre doesn't notice changes if I remove and replace the SD card while the device is turned off. If I have it on, and backed out to the main menu however, it gives me a "Reading the SD Card... Please don't remove" message when I insert the card (and a similar message upon removal) and there are no problems with it showing the updated content. Perhaps it's the same for the JBL?
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Right you should not need to use the reset button to get your changed SD library
recognized. You just need to have the JBL on and wait for the message to disappear.
You may have to remove the SD card again (again waiting for the message) then
reinsert the SD card (again waiting for the message); on the rare occasion that it
didn't take the first time.

NOW IF you don't wait for the message or not pull the card ALL the way out, then
you may need to use the reset button.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #4
Nakor
Addict
Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nakor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
NOW IF you don't wait for the message or not pull the card ALL the way out, then
you may need to use the reset button.
Or you may even have to reformat the SD card.
Nakor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I've had the same problem with my jB. After a prolonged period of experimentation, I've found these steps to work every time:

1) Remove the SD card only when the jB is turned on, and displaying the main menu. Removing SD card under any other circumstances will cause problems.

2) Manage the files on the SD card with a card reader. For .txt files, avoid using "(" and ")" as part of the file names. It may or may not crash the jB.

3) Before inserting the SD card back onto jB, make sure that the jB is turned on, and the screen is displaying the main menu.

Hope it helps.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote