Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 02:42 PM   #31
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by reech View Post
Had touch screen in my Sony eReader. Wasn't any use whatsoever, plus the screen quality was poor.
which sony reader did you have?
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #32
eSheri
Addict
eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eSheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3G, Sony 350, Kindle Fire HD, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Another reason (besides fingerprints) to not have a touch screen is that it adds another layer of plastic onto the screen which can increase glare. I like being able to read on my Kindle3 out of doors or in direct light without a glare on the screen making it harder to actually read something.
for any one considering a touch screen reader, there is neither glare nor fingerprints on the 350, 650 & 950 sony readers. also they are extremely light weight and the text is clearly visible in bright sunlight. i love my 350 and because i love gadgets, i will be picking up a kindle also
eSheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #33
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by eSheri View Post
there is neither glare nor fingerprints on the 350
I disagree on the fingerprints. I have to keep a cleaning cloth tucked in our 350's cover. Maybe if you always have perfectly clean, very dry skin, you won't leave fingerprints, but we sure do. And it's not like we're eating chocolate while using it or anything.

Still, it is a good system. The IR touch screen system was a great choice, since apparently it itself doesn't impact the clarity of the screen at all. There is no extra later or anything. I guess the IR system works from the edges.

I don't see too much value in the touch screen for a dedicated reader, especially as I much prefer kindle-like hard buttons for page turns, but for games, utilities, and some navigation uses, it is pretty nice.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote