Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-05-2007, 09:01 AM   #1
Wimvv
Wimvv began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
metadata language field not after convertlit

Hi,

In the hope that i will receive very soon a Cybook Gen3 i started experimenting with the conversion of my lit files.

I used convertlit to make opf xml files and wanted to generate mobipocket files with mobigen.exe but mobigen exists with the message that the language field is mandatory.

It seems in a lot of files i'm missing
<dc:Language>en-us</dc:Language>
between the <dc-metadata></dc-metadata> tags

Since i have over 300 e-books already, i find it a bit extreme to edit them book by book so my question is ... has someone already made a metadata checker who checks if the language field exists and if not, adds it ?

Cheers,
Wim
Wimvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 12:49 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
As with all batch text processing, this would be simple under Linux.

I'm not sure if there is a standard Windows utility that could do the trick, but a Google search turned up BrineSoft Batch Text Replacer. This is shareware, and from its description would do what you want.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I wrote a Perl script some weeks ago that works on Unix systems but probably is easy to get to work on a Windows system. The script unpacks the lit file, fix the language tag if neccessary and there is also a variable you can set to fix totally broken HTML and incorrectly coded characters (something I had in one book). It also calls mobigen.

It is available here: http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe/old-lit2mobi
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 04:54 AM   #4
Wimvv
Wimvv began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Thanks both

Wallcraft, that search and replace tool did the trick to give me some time to assimilate compe's script into a stand-alone quick and dirty application
Wimvv is offline   Reply With Quote