Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-27-2014, 10:23 AM   #1
komenzar
komenzar began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Updating Jailbreak/Other mods

If I wanted to go ahead and update my modifications across the board, say, my jailbreak, the screensaver hack, USBnet, and the font hack with the most up-to-date nightly files, would I be okay just running the .bin update files over the existing hack? Or do I need to run the uninstall .bin, then the updated .bin in succession? Thanks in advance, Komenzar
komenzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@komenzar: Right now, there's no need to update the jailbreak on this device.

In the case of my stuff, yes, that (just running the newer install .bin file) works. This may not be the case for everything, though, so YMMV. (Update instructions are one of the first things written at the top of my threads, FYI).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert