Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 04-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Where can I get a new stylus?

I was out running errands at lunch time and took the boox with me to read when I stopped to eat. Alas, when I returned I discovered the stylus was missing from its nest.

Does anyone know where I can order a replacement stylus?
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:28 PM   #2
ngrant
Gadget Lover
ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ngrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Mobiscribe Origin, Fire HD tablets
Stylus combo with pen and pencil

Ever thought of one of these (or similar)?
http://www.amazon.com/Pencil-Stylus-...ef=pd_sim_op_1
I used to carry one with me at all times in my Palm PDA days, and I like the feel of it in my hand rather than the narrow styli that come with devices.
ngrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 03:45 PM   #3
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Looks interesting. I may pick one up to see. It would be nice to have one that fit in the stylus holder, but this looks like it would be suited for longer term use.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #4
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac4lt View Post
Looks interesting. I may pick one up to see. It would be nice to have one that fit in the stylus holder, but this looks like it would be suited for longer term use.
You can't just use a pointer--you need a Wacom stylus--the tablet works by inducing a current in the stylus and detecting the bounceback.
You can buy a Wacom replacement stylus on Amazon.
You can probably also buy an exact replacement from one of Onyx Suppliers.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:06 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I would imagine that both Onyx and BeBook would be able to supply a replacement. As mentioned. If you want something fancier, iRex (whose devices also use Wacom screens) do a very nice "professional" stylus, which is like a pen, and much easier to use than the think stylus that comes with the Boox. I use my iRex pro stylus with my Neo.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac4lt View Post
I was out running errands at lunch time and took the boox with me to read when I stopped to eat. Alas, when I returned I discovered the stylus was missing from its nest.

Does anyone know where I can order a replacement stylus?
The stylus of iRex iLiad (I've tried, trust me) fits perfectly. Not only does the job, it fits exactly into the housing. Different colors, but exactly same measurements.
For example from here: http://www.justread.de/shop/product_...ad-Stylus.html
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i will have some in stock soon. My fault - i meant to order some over a week ago and it completely slipped my mind.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
R. Bosch
R. Bosch began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Sorry wrong ereader

Last edited by R. Bosch; 05-15-2010 at 03:20 PM.
R. Bosch is offline   Reply With Quote