Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-29-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Smetad Anarkist
Smetad Anarkist began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen 3
Audiobooks on Cybook

Does the Cybook handle audiobooks in a proper manner? What I mean is,does it remember the position when you resume playing?
Smetad Anarkist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:47 AM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
I don't think so.
It's sad that mp3 playing is limited and buggy.

And that makes me think i need to send my gen3 to bookeen. (but first i need to test with another cable, make sure the problem does indeed come from the gen3.)

Mmm, i need to check out how it works with the new firmware.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
Snuffi
Addict
Snuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enoughSnuffi will become famous soon enough

Device: Pocketbook Pro 612, Bookeen Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smetad Anarkist View Post
Does the Cybook handle audiobooks in a proper manner? What I mean is,does it remember the position when you resume playing?
I wouldn't recommend using the device as an MP3 player. It's not the fault of the Cybook but ereaders in general are somewhat the worst class of device to use for audio.
1) Battery time is awful. EReaders use very little energy and therefore have very small battery packs to make them slim and light. The Cybook is supposed to last for about 3 hrs of listening to MP3s (haven't tested it but usually these number are under ideal circumstances only). Even cheap dedicated MP3 Players sport 10+ hours nowadays.

2) On screen operations are slow because of the eInk Display. That doesn't matter when reading but it's a nuissance when clicking through legions of music files.

3) Most dedicated MP3 players offer a number of comfort function to make it easy and quick to navigate through your collection, change settings on the fly, etc, etc.

4) There are no folders in the Cybook so navigation for MP3s is cumbersome. You can create and sort by folders making it possible to have all tracks of an audio book sorted together but if you a row of audio books and the one you want to listen to is in the "Zorg" directory, you're in for a long wait

5) The Cybook is too large and too expensive to put it into your backpockets and listen to your book while riding the train. Dedicated MP3 players are small enough to accompany you everywhere you go and are mostly harder to break.
Snuffi is offline   Reply With Quote