Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-28-2014, 05:56 AM   #1651
steo88
steo88 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolansky View Post
PDF-Multicolumn Mode on M92 which is able to correctly navigate thru multicolumns just with the page forward button ->.

left column top -> left column bottom -> right column top -> right column bottom etc.

example 2 columns a page
{Paper Mode, Zoom 200%, Page Settings->Auto Detect Margins}

example 3 columns a page
{Paper Mode, Zoom 300%, Page Settings->Auto Detect Margins}
Amazing!!
I didn't know there was also this option. Thanks
steo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:05 PM   #1652
de1m
de1m began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi,
i have a M92 Black Pearl from Artatech. So I've install today the firmware from Booxtor and now I can't use my stylus. Can everone help me?

And
Can someone send me the unlocker from seaniko 7. I cant download it from Dropbox (file not exist or found).

Last edited by de1m; 04-02-2014 at 04:16 PM.
de1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 10:34 PM   #1653
smihaila
smihaila began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by de1m View Post
Hi,
i have a M92 Black Pearl from Artatech. So I've install today the firmware from Booxtor and now I can't use my stylus. Can everone help me?

And
Can someone send me the unlocker from seaniko 7. I cant download it from Dropbox (file not exist or found).
The same thing happened to me - when I've switched from Artatech to Booxtor firmware via the mfgtool/recovery method. But after power cycling the device one more time, the stylus became fully functional.

In any case, if you wish to switch back, please see this post - very useful info from a nice guy named Klastes:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11#post2799911
smihaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:37 AM   #1654
tomaschavez00
Enthusiast
tomaschavez00 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
The same thing happened to me - when I've switched from Artatech to Booxtor firmware via the mfgtool/recovery method. But after power cycling the device one more time, the stylus became fully functional.

In any case, if you wish to switch back, please see this post - very useful info from a nice guy named Klastes:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...11#post2799911
smihaila, i have a question: the artatech firmware... how does it work the ivona thing (im a spanish speaker and since there are no clues of the acappella software from booxtor im thinkin of switchin to artatech)
tomaschavez00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:11 PM   #1655
Klastes
Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.Klastes knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PRS - 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomaschavez00 View Post
smihaila, i have a question: the artatech firmware... how does it work the ivona thing (im a spanish speaker and since there are no clues of the acappella software from booxtor im thinkin of switchin to artatech)
Ivona is the best tts software in the world (now bought by amazon).
In artatech soft I've used polish, german and english ivona - almost natural human voice.
Additional voices for m92 you can buy:
https://booxsource.com/Ivona-c271681...egoryId=271681
Klastes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #1656
smihaila

Kool. Any hope for an Ivona Romanian voice package (Carmen)?
I know it exists - contacted the folks @ Ivona and it's available at least for windows platforms. But they couldn't tell anything about the Linux/Artatech platform (hinted that they are selling their package to Artatech in the form of a business SDK / API).
Old 04-06-2014, 07:12 AM   #1657
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by smihaila View Post
Kool. Any hope for an Ivona Romanian voice package (Carmen)?
I know it exists - contacted the folks @ Ivona and it's available at least for windows platforms. But they couldn't tell anything about the Linux/Artatech platform (hinted that they are selling their package to Artatech in the form of a business SDK / API).
Ivona Carmen is available (free for the moment, being beta) for Android,
so hopefully soon for M92 (or at least M96).
I used it on a tablet and it's quite nice. Unfortunately many romanian texts are typed without diacritics and the pronunciation is awful in this case.
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:46 PM   #1658
smihaila

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvilmos View Post
Ivona Carmen is available (free for the moment, being beta) for Android,
so hopefully soon for M92 (or at least M96).
I used it on a tablet and it's quite nice. Unfortunately many romanian texts are typed without diacritics and the pronunciation is awful in this case.
Yes, I forgot to mention that Ivona Carmen is (freely) available for Android - being part of the beta program. It's very interesting that the names of the binary files seem to follow the same naming convention as in the Linux/Onyx platform (i.e. libvoice_ro_carmen.so)

Would the Android binaries be compatible with the plain/Linux version?
Android is a Linux flavour after all, and the hardware platform is the same (ARM).

The Carmen voice sounds awesome - based on what I was able to try via Ivona's web demo.

Thank you for your feedback on this.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #1659
laborkim
laborkim began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Try to update using MFG Tool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar
Instruction is inside of archiv. Don't forget to backup your content - MFG tools installation formates the internal memory, so everything will be deleted.
Hi, Booxtor!
Maybe, your son grew up to a Man now.
I have a stupid question.
The updatefile 'UPD 20131204.ZIP' can be applied to the M92 black edition,
and how about to the M92 black 'pearl' edition?

Last edited by laborkim; 05-09-2014 at 11:30 AM.
laborkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 04:21 AM   #1660
fakir
fakir began at the beginning.

Website with the newest firmware is not working. Could someone share it with me via e-mail/dropbox etc?
fakir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 02:06 PM   #1661
laborkim
laborkim began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox M92
Go to the Page 1 of 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakir View Post
Website with the newest firmware is not working. Could someone share it with me via e-mail/dropbox etc?
Hi, fakir! Go to the Page 1 of 111 and You can find the updatefile presented by booxtor.
laborkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #1662
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post

Third party software

A simple file manager for the Onyx Boox (also for M92)

On my Boox M92 it works just fine.
It is mainly for picking the firmware.
Warning: Tweaking the firmware without a clear understanding of what is done, can lead to dire consequences.

With that tool you can also replace standard screen saver pictures in \usr\share\system_manager\images

Here you can pick some ready to use images from my collection http://www.flickr.com/photos/booxtor

New screen_saver images must be renamed to screen_saver0.png, screen_saver1.png, screen_saver2.png, ..., screen_saver9.png. (no more than 10 images at once). May be it works with more than 10 pictures, but I did not figure out how.
Hi all,

I would like to change my screen saver images on my M92 and I would like to know if the procedure reported here is still valid with the latest firmware (i.e., 2013.12.04).

If this is the case, installation should proceed as follows:

1. copy the otfm dir to the root of the sd card;
2. inside this dir, click install_sys_progs.oar;
3. restart the reader.

Right?

TIA
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:28 PM   #1663
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I think, it works. But, you should copy otfm dir to the root of internal flash memory (where you copy books, etc.) Maybe that SD card also works...

And it works with more than 10 pictures. I have several dozens. Just continue with ...10.png ...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #1664
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Mono, I thank you for your reply but if I am not sure that it will work I will not dare to install it...

It would be nice to have a reply from Boxtor, who developed the firmware, but I understand that he is too busy.
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:11 PM   #1665
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hi Edmond,

I've unziped OTFM in my SD and install it. There is no problem whith this tool.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote