Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
removing Chinese dictionary from M92

Hi everyone,
I wonder how to remove the Chinese dictionary that comes instituted in the M92, its shows a mix of Chinese & English in the same time?

Thanks
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #2
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I don't know how to remove the chinese dictionary either.
Why don't you just install another dictionary? Here you can find a lot of dictionaries: http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php

Supported Format of Onyx Boox is StarDict.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
serge_mm
serge_mm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92, Kindle 3
How to install dictionaries in Onyx M92

I am also facing the problem of that dictionary English/Chinese. Of course this could be solved by installing others dictionaries. However I tried to by following carefully the instructions but I was not able. Did anybody tried succesfully to installa dictionary in a M92 device? Ty
serge_mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:49 AM   #4
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by serge_mm View Post
I am also facing the problem of that dictionary English/Chinese. Of course this could be solved by installing others dictionaries. However I tried to by following carefully the instructions but I was not able. Did anybody tried succesfully to installa dictionary in a M92 device? Ty
To install StarDicts just follow the instructions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=212
It works!
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:37 AM   #5
a.a.k
Enthusiast
a.a.k began at the beginning.

Device: boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
To install StarDicts just follow the instructions here:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=212
It works!
it worked with me.
a.a.k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #6
serge_mm
serge_mm began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92, Kindle 3
TY. I followed every line of the instructions (a new folder called dicts, inside a folder for each dictionary containing 3 files .ifo, .dict.dz, .idx etc..). However as i go to the dictionary I only see the english/chinese quoted by medvedev; no chance to see the new dictionary. My firmware is 1.6; I've read about several problems about 1.7 so I hesitate before installing the new firmware. What's yours?
serge_mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
I found where Chinese dictionary is instaled on M92. I guess that deleting it (or replacing with different dictionary) would solve the 'problem'.

Does somebody know how to gain access to all files on M92 from Windows? I guess it shoudn't be problem from Linux, but I have only Win.

Or, could someone write a script to remove/rename files of Chinese dictionary?

Last edited by Mono; 01-19-2012 at 06:41 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
I found where Chinese dictionary is instaled on M92. I guess that deleting it (or replacing with different dictionary) would solve the 'problem'.

Does somebody know how to gain access to all files on M92 from Windows? I guess it shoudn't be problem from Linux, but I have only Win.

Or, could someone write a script to remove/rename files of Chinese dictionary?
1.You will be able to remove the Chinese dictionary with the next firmware.
2. One of my customers complained about the same problem as serge_mm. I offered to send the device to us to check it - as soon it has arrived I checked it, removed his installation and installed same dictionary again - and it worked just fine.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:20 PM   #9
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
1.You will be able to remove the Chinese dictionary with the next firmware.
Good news.

I didn't have any problems to install aditional dictionaries.

Booxtor, thanks a lot for your excellent support. Pitty, I didn't buy my m92 from e-shop you work for. I would have saved 50 EUR and your employer would have had some more profit. Next time...
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote