Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #1
Newby
Enthusiast
Newby began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Gen3 Gold
Angry Weird problem

I have a 2 GB SD card on my Cybook, but although I don't have almost nothing on it, it shows me as it is quite full.

On The card I have 2 folders: eBooks and Music. The Music folder is completely empty, I never put anything there, and the other one shows about 80 MB. Any idea?

A couple of screenshots:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	279
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	52252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-1.png
Views:	275
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	52253  
Newby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
A FAT bug ? do you try to do a filesystem check on your card ?

FAT tend to be really bad sometimes...
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 AM   #3
Newby
Enthusiast

I tried, but unsuccessful..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot-2.png
Views:	281
Size:	152.0 KB
ID:	52266  
Old 05-26-2010, 01:56 AM   #4
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I think you need to format the SD card to Fat32, not FAT. Works for me anyway.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #5
Newby
Enthusiast

Thanks

I'll try to format it again, although at the moment, I don't know how.

Cause I already wanted to format it to FAT32, but i didn't have that option....
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Godzil
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Under linux a

mkfs.vfat -F32 -n "Cybook Opus" /dev/bla

(replace bla par the correct device name) will do miracles.

add -f if it says that it's a whole disk instead of a partition. you MUST NOT create a partition

edit: silly me, I was thinkg you speak about the Opus main memory.

There is no restriction about partitionning on the SD Card, and you are not obligated to name your SD card "Cybook Opus"

Last edited by Godzil; 05-26-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:42 AM   #7
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
Where did you buy the card? Any chance it's a fake?
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #8
Newby
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzil View Post
Under linux a

mkfs.vfat -F32 -n "Cybook Opus" /dev/bla

(replace bla par the correct device name) will do miracles.

add -f if it says that it's a whole disk instead of a partition. you MUST NOT create a partition

edit: silly me, I was thinkg you speak about the Opus main memory.

There is no restriction about partitionning on the SD Card, and you are not obligated to name your SD card "Cybook Opus"

/dev/sdc contains a mounted file system

I don't think it is a fake. I bought it in a regular shop
Old 05-26-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
Newby
Enthusiast

ok, I have found a solution

there was no problem with FAT system. I was trying to do what Godzil proposed to me, and since I was trying to find out what is the name of my SD, I also turned the hidden files to be visible

And the new folder that emerged was- guess!-- trash

and the trash folder had over a GB weight
Old 05-26-2010, 01:49 PM   #10
Godzil

Huhu, happy to see you finally find ^^
Old 05-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Let me guess : you have a Mac or you used one to delete some files on your Cybook ?
The deleted files stay on the Cybook unless you empty the trash while the Cybook is still connected to the Mac.
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:37 AM   #12
Newby
Enthusiast

No Mac. Linux
Old 05-27-2010, 07:17 AM   #13
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newby View Post
No Mac. Linux
Ya, I found the same problem. Usually Ubuntu will ask me if I want to empty the trash before disconnecting, but for my Opus it never seems to do that. So I have to remember to empty the trash before disconnecting or the files I cleaned up will still be in the trash bin on the Opus.

Of course, if you remember to shift-delete when you delete the files, they will be actually deleted instead of being put into the trash.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote