Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #136
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
You can buy an Aura from Unieuro and send it to his address.
yes, but if your credit card hasn't got an Italian address, it may be quite a challenge
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 04:48 AM   #137
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
I think that Unieuro takes more orders outside Italy than Mondadori
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #138
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I couldn't find an English ordering or contact site for "Unieuro" but I sent their parent company, in the UK, an email asking for instructions for purchasing a Kobo AuraHD and having it delivered to an address in Italy. I guess I might get an answer next week.

Paypal can make international payments in Euros.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-30-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 06:50 AM   #139
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I couldn't find an English ordering or contact site for "Unieuro" but I sent their parent company, in the UK, an email asking for instructions for purchasing a Kobo AuraHD and having it delivered to an address in Italy. I guess I might get an answer next week.

Luck;
Ken
on the other hand, at the moment the Unieuro site shows the Aura as not available.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #140
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Are you really talking about sending me an Aura? Well, that would be so kind and appreciated
Anyhow, if I can reveal this now, koreader should already be able to run on an Aura. I don't know since not having one I couldn't test, but I assume it since the firmware running on the Glo is the same.
Time to create a new thread with some instructions and a binary...
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #141
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
deleted

Last edited by cgm999; 06-30-2013 at 11:13 AM.
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #142
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Are you really talking about sending me an Aura? Well, that would be so kind and appreciated
Anyhow, if I can reveal this now, koreader should already be able to run on an Aura. I don't know since not having one I couldn't test, but I assume it since the firmware running on the Glo is the same.
Time to create a new thread with some instructions and a binary...
Hopefully I can find a way to place the order and have it delivered to your address.

I have the launcher working on one of my AuraHDs and it appears to be working fine. It's been a long time since I played much chess and some of the other games are ones I never tried. The programs look very well done and the workaround to accommodate the tile GUI may be the only weak point, but it is quite inventive. The KoReader is my main interest, of course, for now, but the CoolReader or something else like it would be very interesting as well. I expect that what will end up being the best effort to improve the AuraHD will be an alternate version of the firmware with the database and server ties removed. In the meantime your Launcher provides a great way to extend and expand the capabilities of the device, and should be useful however the reading and data vs. file management issues get addressed.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 06-30-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #143
Mexx
Mexx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you giorgio , the problem was indeed the incorrect line-ending.

Now the reader starts, but any input in the FileManager seems to be turned 90 degree counterclockwise and somehow blurred so that it is really hard to select a desired point.

I tried to replace the gesturedector.lua in frontend/ui but this changed things from bad to worse: now i can't enter anything. Do you have any further hints for me, please?
Mexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 02:46 PM   #144
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexx View Post
Thank you giorgio , the problem was indeed the incorrect line-ending.

Now the reader starts, but any input in the FileManager seems to be turned 90 degree counterclockwise and somehow blurred so that it is really hard to select a desired point.

I tried to replace the gesturedector.lua in frontend/ui but this changed things from bad to worse: now i can't enter anything. Do you have any further hints for me, please?
You got the wrong thread. Keep posting here.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:54 PM   #145
vugtitan
Addict
vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vugtitan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Wow, this forum is dead! I expected some more reactions...
This means we now have PDF REFLOW guys! I should have a version that can be launched from the plugin interface in some hours...

i would like to install it.i want a file browser desperately on the kobo mini and of course i want pdf reflow.

any idea how do you install it?

just copy the zipped file into the root directory of the kobo mini?

or unzip first and put it in some other directory?

the directions need to be clarified as they are confusing and spread all over and confusing as a launcher needs to be installed too or am i wrong?

also must people don't know anything about linux commandline sh commands or lau.
vugtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #146
Ken Maltby
Wizard

This is probably not the thread that will get what you want.

Try:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...216960&page=21
The link at post #303

This is the simplest way to do it, at the moment.

For some the links that were ( and will probably be back sometime in the future) in the
first post of the thread I linked to above, were what they needed for their device.

Luck;
Ken

Luck;
Ken
Old 08-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #147
_pietro
Connoisseur
_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse_pietro can illuminate an eclipse

Device: none
lost this 3d...so what's the difference between kindlepdfviewer and koreader?! thanks
_pietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:37 AM   #148
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
KindlePDFviewer is the name of the application that existed first, focused on Kindle devices with a (full alpha) Keyboard. A new development branch for touch-based devices got worked on eventually, and a bit after work had initial success, was renamed to "Koreader". So "KindlePDFviewer" is the ancestor of "Koreader".

Regarding the Kobo, it's both generally refering to "Koreader".

(Addendum: There's another descendant of KindlePDFviewer, "Librerator". It is oriented to devices with low-number-of-keys input, like the Kindle 4, but also works on full keyboard Kindles)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:50 AM   #149
exachillus
Banned
exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.exachillus once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nook
Quote:
Wow, this forum is dead! I expected some more reactions...
This means we now have PDF REFLOW guys! I should have a version that can be launched from the plugin interface in some hours...
Kobo owners, please install Koreader and CoolReader on your device. You are missing out the fun otherwise. Both of these readers are immense complimentary applications to the original Kobo reader. I love the rough quality and the font rendering of the Kobo reader but these 2 external readers offer some sophisticated features that the Kobo reader does not offer.

Coolreader offers rotation
Koreader offers better pdf and pdf reflow.

Last edited by exachillus; 01-05-2014 at 01:59 AM.
exachillus is offline   Reply With Quote