Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2009, 03:56 AM   #1
Oorag
Oorag began at the beginning.

Device: prs 500
PRS 500 Frozen on Starting Screen

Hello, I recently inherited my father's PRS-500, and just as I decided to start using it, it stopped working. When I turned it on, the display flashed a few times and then froze on the Starting Up screen. When I slide the power slider, the little orange light flashes, but nothing else happens. Holding the power slider down for over a minute did nothing. I installed the software and tried putting it on the power dock. The dock sometimes flashes white for an instant when I plug it in, but nothing else happens, and the computer doesn't register it being plugged in. Hitting the reset button in the back also does nothing.

Does anyone know anything else I can do?
Oorag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:35 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oorag View Post
Does anyone know anything else I can do?
There is a reset button on the back of the device. You can press it with a paper clip or pin. Once you have done this, slide the slider switch. The device will reset.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
Oorag

I tried hitting the reset button and then sliding the power and that didn't do anything. Holding them both down for about a minute also did nothing.

Last edited by Oorag; 03-28-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 03-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #4
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Have you charged it. This sounds like an extremely low battery. If that is the case, the USB will not charge it. You'll have to use the AC charger.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I agree that this sounds like a drained battery to me. YOu can use a PSP charger if you don't have the one specifically for the Reader.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
Oorag

The AC charger worked. Thanks a lot!