Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-25-2005, 03:38 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Dual Column Ebook Reading for TabletPC

JKOnTheRun points to a TeleRead article about reading ebooks on a Tablet PC using a two column format. They are said to describe how to do it with the yBook and Bookshelf ebook readers. Might be useful so some, but I kind of enjoy on a full screen reading in one single page so I'm not sure what I think. The difference, I suppose, is that on a Tablet PC you are probably up closer to the screen, so it would be more like the paper book reading experience. Worth checking out if you read ebooks on a Tablet PC.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 04:08 PM   #2
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Large-screen experience different

Hi, Bob. Believe me, if you're reading a large screen close up, hour after hour, those twin columns can make a BIG difference. At least that's my perception. Try it yourself, and let us know. Happy e-reading!

David Rothman, for TeleRead.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobR
JKOnTheRun points to a TeleRead article about reading ebooks on a Tablet PC using a two column format. They are said to describe how to do it with the yBook and Bookshelf ebook readers. Might be useful so some, but I kind of enjoy on a full screen reading in one single page so I'm not sure what I think. The difference, I suppose, is that on a Tablet PC you are probably up closer to the screen, so it would be more like the paper book reading experience. Worth checking out if you read ebooks on a Tablet PC.
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Thanks Bob, David. I hope that one day we can fully enjoy two column e-books through foldable e-paper. Did you notice all the recent news around e-paper technology? How strange that I have never seen a device utilizing this technology in real life. Perhaps I should emigrate to Japan.
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 01:16 AM   #4
davidrothman
Connoisseur
davidrothman began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite, $50 Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 6, Kobo Aura H2O
Hi, Colin and Bob. Let's hope nirvana arrives soon. For the moment, I'd just be happy with more contrast than the Librie offers. I've sold my Librie to a librarian who appreciates it more than I do. - David
davidrothman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2005, 06:40 AM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
That's great that your librarian friend is excited about the Librie. I'm sure it was well worth the experience to have been able to try it yourself for a time.

We're getting so close that it's quite a tease. I love to read on my Palm Treo, but it's not exactly a perfect platform for ebooks. I guess nirvana is going to keep trickling in for a while. But when the technology is ready, look out for a revolution!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2005, 06:41 AM   #6
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
David, I wish I had been your librarian friend *grin*
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote