Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-20-2007, 04:46 PM   #1
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Deluxe Extra Battery Missing

Got this email from Bookeen:

«Dear Customer,

You ordered and received a Cybook Deluxe.

Due to continuing overwhelming demand, production of Cybook batteries could not catch up and the spare battery was not included in your pack.

We will send the missing extra battery, as soon as possible, in a second shipment.

As an indication, it should ship around mid-January 2008.»
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Just curious, since there were reports of covers not being included in the shipments: did you get a cover?
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
ricdiogo
Gutenberger
ricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enoughricdiogo will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Yes, the black one.
ricdiogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #4
Kiari
Kiari began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook 3
I also got a 'we'll send you one later' email about the extra battery.

I did get the cover and everything else though!
Kiari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #5
Striking Claw
Enthusiast
Striking Claw doesn't litterStriking Claw doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, ILiad, HP hx4700
No cover and no extra battery in my deluxe edition

I did get my cybook last week but without a cover and an extra battery. According to the notice in my package those items will be sent to me by the end of january.
I wouldn't mind the missing extra battery, but an eBook reader without a cover is another story. I would have been happy with either the Bookeen cover or the M-edge cover.
Now I have to be real carefull, so that my cybook will survive intact until I will get my cover.
Striking Claw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striking Claw View Post
I did get my cybook last week but without a cover and an extra battery. According to the notice in my package those items will be sent to me by the end of january.
I wouldn't mind the missing extra battery, but an eBook reader without a cover is another story. I would have been happy with either the Bookeen cover or the M-edge cover.
Now I have to be real carefull, so that my cybook will survive intact until I will get my cover.
Can anyone who has the 'spare' battery please tell me the manufacturer info?

As a recipient of an engineering sample version of the Cybook, I didn't get a 'spare'.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 10:18 PM   #7
kkingdon
Enthusiast
kkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litterkkingdon doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Can anyone who has the 'spare' battery please tell me the manufacturer info?
Not much on my spare: Silver case with a 2-pin molex connector soldered to +/- contacts on one end. (The soldered end of the silver case is wrapped in clear yellow tape. There are two lines of printing on the case:
HECELL H503456HC
PL A366 BA 7F29
kkingdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:14 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've just tried doing a Google search on that reference number, but the only hit returned is to the previous post . I'm impressed that Google has indexed it so rapidly!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:30 AM   #9
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Harry,

I think it's this one: http://www.hecell.com/en/product_polymer.asp, 'HXX3456'

-edit- Perhaps the 5V version ('XX' being '50' and all...)?

Last edited by mbovenka; 01-04-2008 at 04:27 AM.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Harry,

I think it's this one: http://www.hecell.com/en/product_polymer.asp, 'HXX3456'

-edit- Perhaps the 5V version ('XX' being '50' and all...)?
I'm pretty sure it is, but without a photo it's hard to tell.

I've asked them for more information as well as a retail outlet and retail pricing information, but I haven't heard back from them.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A question for someone who knows more about LiIon batteries than I do (ie virtually everyone )...

Suppose my Gen3's battery dies after a couple of years. Will the replacement battery I got in my Gen3 "deluxe pack" be in any better condition than the one I've used in the machine, assuming it's just been sitting there in the box untouched for two years?

ie, do they degrade simply with time, or with charges (or both)?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:44 AM   #12
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Here you have some storage advice: http://www.powerstream.com/Storage.htm
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #13
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A question for someone who knows more about LiIon batteries than I do (ie virtually everyone )...

Suppose my Gen3's battery dies after a couple of years. Will the replacement battery I got in my Gen3 "deluxe pack" be in any better condition than the one I've used in the machine, assuming it's just been sitting there in the box untouched for two years?

ie, do they degrade simply with time, or with charges (or both)?
My opinion is that it's best to fully charge a Li-Ion, store it and use it at least every three months or so to make sure you deplete it and recharge it fully ones. So the thing what you could do is to switch between the two battery's every few months. In that way you will keep them both in good condition. Storing one until the other one is dead or bad (after ~ 500 to 1000 recharges) is not a good option because your stored battery will probably be not in a very good condition anymore.

Last edited by diabloNL; 01-04-2008 at 12:02 PM.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
The web site i referred to actually disagree with this:

Quote:
Moli Energy Lithium Ion Battery Storage: Storage temperature range is -20 to 60° C. Recommended storage voltage range is 4.1 to 2.0 volts per cell. For prolonged storage periods, store discharged [i.e. 2.0 to 3.0 volts per cell] and at -20° to 25° C.

Panasonic Lithium Ion Battery Storage:
The batteries should be stored at room temperature, charged to about 30 to 50% of capacity. We recommend that the batteries be charged about once per year to prevent overdischarge.

PowerStream Note: Test data confirms that storage of lithium-ion batteries is best if the cell is partially discharged. In one test by Cadex Electronics ( http://www.buchmann.ca ) after 1 year storage at 25°C the non-recoverable capacity remaining is 96% when stored at 40% initial charge level, but only 80% if stored with 100% initial charge level. This effect is reduced at lower temperature and is a non-issue at 0°C. At higher temperatures the effect is much worse. Cadex's recommendations are to store below 15° C at 40% of full charge (2.5 volts per cell).
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #15
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
For my work I deal with multiple devices that use Li-Ion batteries and the manufacturer/supplier recommends storage at 100% charge. Also, Cadex is talking about storing it for one year without use. I think it's still a good idea to switch between batteries to prevent any problems with storage.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote