Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #451
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
Quote:
I do get erratic behavior with the cover...
So the cover may be goofing up the Glo. My cover springs open about 1/8" - just enough to turn the Glo back on again, and when lying flat on its back without the rubber band, it sometimes goes back and forth between On and Off. I'm guessing that it might be provoking a bug, by being turned On when it is in the process of going to sleep, or something similar.

Try setting it down with the screen side down instead of up, so the cover is held firmly closed by the weight of the Glo, and see if the cover still causes the problem.

Last edited by EldRick; 11-10-2012 at 01:08 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #452
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kobo
The rubber band is meant to hold the Glo closed. You flip it over the front when you are done and over the back when reading I thought?
wrenn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #453
mumbletop
mumbletop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Pixel 5
Two weeks on and I'm delighted with the Kobo Glo. It really is small, light and nice to hold, and fits in my jacket or coat pocket which means I can carry it and read it everywhere. It's certainly more practical than a hardback or a tablet. I'm surprised by just how readable it is, and the light means it stays readable even in poor ambient light.

A few niggles. It has locked up on me twice, both times when I was trying to make a lot of changes quickly while showing my reader to other people. Also, I can't change the line spacing on at least one book I've bought from Kobo. And the battery does drop a little if I'm syncing over WiFi - not really a problem since WiFi is best left off most of the time.

The bookstore isn't great - difficult to browse, the search is overly fussy about spelling, the implementation of the wishlist is inconsistent across web, desktop and the device, and obviously Kobo can't compete with Amazon's depth of reviews. Then again, if you know what you want to buy it's easy enough to use.

But anyway: for actually reading, the Kobo Glo is very good.
mumbletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:34 PM   #454
wrenn1
Addict
wrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchforkwrenn1 can load mercury with a pitchfork

How do you tell when the Glo is done charging? I am used to seeing a green light. Do you have to turn it on to see the battery icon?
Old 11-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #455
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
When I plug it via USB to my computer it turns on and as it charges I can see the battery percentage increasing and when it hits 100% I know it is fully charged and voilà

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
How do you tell when the Glo is done charging? I am used to seeing a green light. Do you have to turn it on to see the battery icon?
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #456
wrenn1
Addict

That page doesn't show when I am charging. Will charge with the Glo on next time to see. Thanks for the response.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #457
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenn1 View Post
That page doesn't show when I am charging. Will charge with the Glo on next time to see. Thanks for the response.
If charging with a wall charger (or just not connected to interface with PC), you should see a battery icon on the screen. While its charging, you'll see a tiny icon of a wall plug (I think) in the battery icon. And when it's done charging, that wall plug icon is replaced by a check mark. So there'll be a check mark in side the battery icon.

At least, that's the way it is for the Touch. And I agree, it's weird to have a green light while it's charging. Much more intuitive to have it red or orange while charing, and have it change to green when it's done...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote