Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-28-2011, 06:44 PM   #16
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
just finished reading 'the red thumb mark' .
thanks again for editing and thanks for sharing, without your mention of it i probably would never have stumbled across it.

it was an enjoyable read and i liked it.

Spoiler:
i wasn't too fond of the ending, they did technically solve the mystery of the red thumb mark and proved whether reuben was guilty or not but they never fully gave any indication as to who actually committed the crime. there was speculation at the end with walter hornby leaving the courtroom but that was all speculation based on what facts they had at hand. otherwise i did like it as i mentioned i just wish it ended more solidly that it had.

anyway thanks again and i may dive into more of dr.thorndyke after some other tbr books get read
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #17
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Re your spoiler: there's a sequel - keep reading. I think it's in Vol 6.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #18
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
thanks.
Old 08-29-2011, 07:31 AM   #19
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Thanks, Harry. I didn't realise that. I'll add it to my to-read list.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 07:34 AM   #20
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If you want to just read it directly, the sequel is "When Rogues Fall Out", which is the first book in Vol 6 of my collection.
Advert
Old 08-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #21
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I should add that I didn't realise there was a sequel either until I actually read it .
Old 08-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #22
GeneS
eBook Enthusiast
GeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enoughGeneS will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-350, Astak PocketPro, iPhone, Asus eee Pad Transformer
Harry,
Your omnibus editions are a joy. Thank you for your dedication and for the effort. I'm looking forward to the Sherlock Holmes.
GeneS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:32 AM   #23
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

You're very welcome. I create them for my own reading pleasure, so if others benefit too, that's just a bonus .
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #24
siraks
use the force

Quote:
If you want to just read it directly, the sequel is "When Rogues Fall Out", which is the first book in Vol 6 of my collection.
much appreciated, i'll probably just jump to the sequel as i have other books i want to read but i do want an end as well to this it's bugging me haha.

thanks again and thanks for letting me know which one, i did a quick search late last night but gave up because i was too tired.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #25
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Thanks alot for these Harry. First ran across some of these books way back when I was in Jr. High school. My school library only had a about 6 so I lost track of these. Did not realize there were son many of them. Will be a pleasure to finally get to finish this series off.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:19 AM   #26
Conor
Groupie
Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kobo Touch
A bit
But BBC Radio 4 Extra is broadcasting six Dr Thorndyke stories starting next Tuesday.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0178gth
Conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:59 AM   #27
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I just discovered them thanks to you.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote