Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #781
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Regardless, I still say shutting off smartshelves is a good thing.
So, you tried it and it didn't work?
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:14 AM   #782
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Tolino Vision 5
Quick feature request:

Mark books read.

Background: I have a few hundred books that I have already read on my device. After screwing over my backup (comp-wise, my NAS got fried) and resetting my glo, I have to manually skip to their end and mark them read this way...
Lofwyr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 05:26 AM   #783
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofwyr23 View Post
Quick feature request:

Mark books read.

Background: I have a few hundred books that I have already read on my device. After screwing over my backup (comp-wise, my NAS got fried) and resetting my glo, I have to manually skip to their end and mark them read this way...
It's already there. In fact, there are three ways to do it!
  • The restore side of the store/restore function this will mark the book as read if the value of the percent read column is 100.
  • "Update metadata in the device library" can set the books as read. This is done in the calibre library list and will act in the selected books.
  • "Change Reading Status in the device library" works in the device list on the selected books.

And of course, using the device, if you long press on the book in the library list, a menu will be displayed. This has "Mark as finished".
Old 12-19-2014, 08:11 AM   #784
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The book might be an archived book or a recommendation. Looking at the driver options you are using, you are showing the archived books and recommendations in the device list. I think turning these off will solve the problem. Can you try that? Turn them both off and if the plugin starts working, turn them on separately. That way we can see which is the problem.

I will do some test myself and see what happens. The above options should work, so I'll look at fixing them. I have also just realised it's a while since I have tested them.

Also, you might want to look at the other driver configuration options. You still have the options for the shelf management selected. These aren't acted on as you have the device metadata management set to manual. But, that means the series information is not updated by the driver. I would recommend removing the shelf management options and changing metadata management to automatic.
I'll take all that back. I've done some testing and changing the options didn't reproduce the problem. And I've had a better look at your database and I have found something I have never seen before. This book has come from the Kobo server, but it is an ePub.

The book is this. That shows it has download options "PDF, EPUB2". As it is free, I added it to my library and it synced to my Touch. It shows as an epub in the library on the device and is opened with the RMSDK based reader. When I synced again and then synced my Glo, the reading status wasn't synced.

With this book on either device, I get the same error in the driver. I will put some code into the driver to handle this.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce the original problem. That's the one where you are getting an error when trying to use one of the plugins functions. It might be something different in what I am doing. Can you give me the steps you are using? That is, which list, what do you select in the list, what to you select to start the function. And anything else you do. I'm not sure if it will help, but it might give me some clues.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:11 PM   #785
eXistenZ
Connoisseur
eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.eXistenZ for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kobo GLO
Thank you

Davidfor, at last I decided to get Rid of Calibre's preferences folder and starting from a fresh install, I installed only plugins I really use and all seemed to be solved...

...except I tryed to run in debug mode and that (damned) ebook was still in the log, of course it was because it is not Calibre related.

A facrotry reset was too long, so I decided to log off the Aura from my account, an then log on again to create a new DB, now finally I got rid of that "Tvtti i trionfi, carri..." ebook (There is no more sign of it in the logs).

By the way, I still use smart shelves
(but disabled every shelf management option in calibre carefulley)

At the end of all, these days of tests gave me an idea for Kobo tools.
As you noticed my DB was nearly 200MB, but it reduces to 12MB when zipped.
Modifying backup routine of Kobo Tools to make it zipping the DB with the rest of stuff to save a lot of space could be a good idea. Or there is some side effect?
eXistenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #786
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Speaking of the database, is there any reason not to vacuum the database if it will save space? Like take a copy, vacuum and if it's smaller, use that and if not, dump the vacuumed copy.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #787
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books
Lofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterLofwyr23 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
It's already there. In fact, there are three ways to do it!
  • The restore side of the store/restore function this will mark the book as read if the value of the percent read column is 100.
  • "Update metadata in the device library" can set the books as read. This is done in the calibre library list and will act in the selected books.
  • "Change Reading Status in the device library" works in the device list on the selected books.
Ah, damnit, I've seen that, failed to take hold in my memory... Sorry for bringing it up then...

Quote:
And of course, using the device, if you long press on the book in the library list, a menu will be displayed. This has "Mark as finished".
Huh, odd... just tried this, FW-Level 3.12.0... Wouldn't come up. Plus this is rather... unproductive regarding the number of books I'm looking at here.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:16 PM   #788
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember it HAS to be in the library listing of books; NOT on the home menu.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:19 PM   #789
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lofwyr23 View Post
Ah, damnit, I've seen that, failed to take hold in my memory... Sorry for bringing it up then...
No problem. I don't know how many times over the years I haven't noticed a function until after commenting that it was missing

Quote:
Huh, odd... just tried this, FW-Level 3.12.0... Wouldn't come up.
What's not coming up? The menu or the option isn't showing? As PeterT said, it is in the library list. Find the book in the list, press and hold until the menu comes up.
Quote:
Plus this is rather... unproductive regarding the number of books I'm looking at here.
Yes, but it's quicker than opening the book, going to the last page and then finishing the book. And I've been through what you are doing. That's why the function is in the plugin.

Last edited by davidfor; 12-19-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:45 PM   #790
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXistenZ View Post
Thank you

Davidfor, at last I decided to get Rid of Calibre's preferences folder and starting from a fresh install, I installed only plugins I really use and all seemed to be solved...

...except I tryed to run in debug mode and that (damned) ebook was still in the log, of course it was because it is not Calibre related.

A facrotry reset was too long, so I decided to log off the Aura from my account, an then log on again to create a new DB, now finally I got rid of that "Tvtti i trionfi, carri..." ebook (There is no more sign of it in the logs).
Glad to hear it is working.
Quote:
By the way, I still use smart shelves
(but disabled every shelf management option in calibre carefulley)
If it works for you, that's good. I hope Kobo complete it properly. Though, it's going to be a pain to get the calibre shelf management working properly.
Quote:

At the end of all, these days of tests gave me an idea for Kobo tools.
As you noticed my DB was nearly 200MB, but it reduces to 12MB when zipped.
Modifying backup routine of Kobo Tools to make it zipping the DB with the rest of stuff to save a lot of space could be a good idea. Or there is some side effect?
The only side effect would be me having to unzip the file before looking at the database. I'll add an option for "single backup file" or something like that.
Old 12-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #791
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Speaking of the database, is there any reason not to vacuum the database if it will save space? Like take a copy, vacuum and if it's smaller, use that and if not, dump the vacuumed copy.
I'm not going to run a VACUUM on the backup. I'm just saving it as untouched as possible in case it is needed later. The plugin does have a function to compress the database on the device. That will save space on the device and when it is backed up.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:03 AM   #792
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

New beta - backup data base to zip file

Attached is a new beta of the plugin. This has the following changes:
  • Fix: Error when using update metadata or reading status
  • Update: Latest Spanish translations from Terisa
  • New: Added backup option to put database in the zip file with the config files

This is probably the last beta, but, I won't be releasing it officially until after Christmas. I will be visiting the in-laws for the next week and probably won't have any internet access while I am there. I might add some extra features while I'm away, but that depends on time.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and that your stockings are filled with ebook readers filled with lots of good books.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboUtilities-beta-1.8.9.zip (186.3 KB, 377 views)
Old 12-20-2014, 06:27 AM   #793
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, same wishes to you! And enjoy you visit.

PD: I see there's a new string for translation
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 06:42 PM   #794
PhastReeder
PhastReeder began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
First Time Setup- columns not updating

I'm a newbie- first time post:

I downloaded and installed the plugin exactly according to the instructions in the first post and help page. I have the columns setup for ‘last time read’ and ‘percent read’. Nothing happens- I know I must have missed something but those columns don’t update- I tried unplugging and replugging in my kobo and also pressing anything in the app itself that seemed to say update but my columns all remain blank and don't update to my current reading position.

thanks so much for any help!

oops forgot to mention all of my books are kepubs- (might be the issue?)

Last edited by PhastReeder; 12-21-2014 at 08:38 PM. Reason: forgot something in fisrt post
PhastReeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:28 AM   #795
Lofwyr23
Poker of bits and books

Quote:
What's not coming up? The menu or the option isn't showing? As PeterT said, it is in the library list. Find the book in the list, press and hold until the menu comes up.
I am in the library view, and it didn't come up... (Please note the didn't)

Did a factory reset and now it does....

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities