Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-14-2006, 10:24 AM   #1
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Support update (New)

Ok on Friday, I emailed them for an update...

Quote:
thank you for your email.

Your iLiad has arrived at our repair centre. Doe to missing spare parts we have to inform you that there will be some delay in reparring your device. Your patience will be much appriciated.
(The spelling errors are all theirs, I just cut and pasted it)

My response:

Quote:
I'm not "understanding" at all. I'm downright furious.

Please can you at least have the decency to give me a leadtime
on how long I'm expected to wait?
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 AM   #2
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
LOL!

Me have a problem, can you help I?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
Drops
Connoisseur
Drops began at the beginning.

Sorry to hear that Riocaz.

But maybe some users do now understand my postings about the service quality of Irex.

I hope you'll get a better reply this time, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Drops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
That's too bad, Riocaz, they're taking MUCH too long over your case, what with first this then that.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
You should discuss these things in iRex' forum, because it will be visible to potential customers. That might speed up iRex a little bit. (Or not)

I hope this will have a happy end for you.
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
Riocaz
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
You should discuss these things in iRex' forum, because it will be visible to potential customers. That might speed up iRex a little bit. (Or not)

I hope this will have a happy end for you.
I considered it, but I diddn't want to risk them being spiteful and losing my iLiad.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #7
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I wouldn't worry too much where to post this because iRex employees are also surfing here.

Sorry about my previous laughter - of course I wasn't laughing about the delay; I just thought it funny how this dude killed the English language.

Regarding delays, I suggest you call them and ask for a superior. If they are out of spare parts, and you are well within your guarantee, they should seriously consider sending you a replacement unit. You should try!
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #8
Riocaz

True, but here it's not as visable as it would be on their public forum...

And I had assumed you were laughing at iRex's appalling grasp of the english language...
Old 08-14-2006, 11:21 AM   #9
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
I've just been commenting your case with my work mates, they agree with Doctorow, ask for a new unit! (least they can do, at this point)
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 11:25 AM   #10
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Excellent idea. In addition they could resell "refurbished" units at a lower price. I am sure some people would like to see this kind of "second-hand market".
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #11
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

Look on the bright side. At least you got an email from them. I am still waiting on a response on them sending me a shipping label.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:11 AM   #12
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
I thought they had learned about customer communications and stuff...well...apparently not. I hope they get a move on since the rate of failure seems to be rather high they should streamline their procedure...or make sure the devices don't fail so often...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:51 AM   #13
pitcher23
Zealot
pitcher23 began at the beginning.

They sent me an email announcing that they are sending a new box with label and pouch. I hope it works out well, because even if it does I am guessing that I won't see a working Iliad in my hands till October at this rate.
pitcher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 10:55 AM   #14
Riocaz

I would say that sounds about right...

I have just been told "up to 2 weeks" before I will get mine back. And they have had it for a week already.