Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Zipped (x)HTML standard extension?

Is there a standard extension for zipped (x)html? I see something called .zhtml for "Secure IE" (oxymoron?).

I'd like to set some preferences, and it would be easier if there were a way to distinguish zipped html from other zip files.

Thanks,

m a r
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
If you also have a .opf metadata file (i.e. an OEB ebook), then this is often called .oebzip. I think Calibre recognizes this, as does FBReader.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2009, 09:41 PM   #3
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Maybe a mimetype file, a la ePub?

I'm trying to do it on a file system level.

m a r
Old 12-19-2009, 01:34 AM   #4
rogue_ronin
Banned

Well, this isn't going well.

I tried making a zip with a mimetype file (as you do with ePub) but it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions?

m a r