Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-29-2009, 02:07 PM   #46
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
So, it's not always the person taking the drugs, or even their doctor or pharmacist who's at fault, because no one may be at fault. I've been warned of so many potential drug interactions and side effects, none of which has ever happened (to me anyway), that after a while, I find I just shrug most of them off.
Very true, especially the more drugs that are involved. Add to that the occasional body-chemistry-changing activity, like travel (time-zone jumping can screw up your circadian rhythm, and pressurized cabins can affect your blood pressure), and you've got a recipe for disaster.

But then there's just dumb mistakes, like forgetting that you just traveled through 8 time zones, resetting your watch, and taking 3 pills in a 24-hour period when it should have been only 2. (It was suggested that's how Heath Ledger accidentally OD'd.)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:39 PM   #47
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
My sympathies to those who are saddened by this news.

I hope it's not too insensitive, but I can't stop wondering - with all the surgeries he's had, would they be able to cremate him?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #48
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I hope it's not too insensitive, but I can't stop wondering - with all the surgeries he's had, would they be able to cremate him?
Without going into detail: Yup.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:51 PM   #49
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
why on earth would you think they wouldn't be able to? he's probably fairly preserved as it is anyway
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #50
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I thought the stuff implants are made from made cremation difficult - but I'm not sure, that's why I was wondering.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #51
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

I think it would mostly be plastics, regardless, he had things taken off, not added
Old 06-29-2009, 03:17 PM   #52
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
*sigh* Jacko woke me up this morning. Singing Billy Jean or something like that. Apparently, my dear husband was playing around with ring tones last night and, for some reason, put that one on his phone. He said he meant to get Thriller. I had no idea he had been a fan at any stage of the game. We've been married for 14 years and never discussed this. Think we need counseling?
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 03:24 PM   #53
krisk
Wizard

yep

so sorry
Old 06-30-2009, 10:46 PM   #54
discourse
Connoisseur
discourse has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight, iPad 1
My Mom called me a few days after he died. She was REALLY upset about his passing. I never knew he meant so much to her. Well, the fact that she married a guy with a huge Afro should have been a hint
discourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:57 AM   #55
krisk
Wizard

yeah but MJ hadn't had an afro for at least 30 years